Thursday, April 12, 2018

Thursday and Another Short Night

I went to bed last night at almost 9:00 and awoke at 2:30. I lay awake for an hour or so and finally got up about 3:45. How disgusting!  I didn't take anything except my thyroid med. I thought I could get back to sleep eventually. Not so!

I am dressed and ready for another windy day. It will be warm but very windy.

Gary will be calling today for me to take him back to V & S Variety to return the video he rented yesterday. He may want to rent another but I am taking him my collection and he may just watch some of them...especially over the weekend when I will be gone.

I forgot I would be gone this weekend when I told Bob we could watch the movies he wanted to see from my Amazon Prime while Joanne is in Omaha.

More later... 

I took Gary by V & S Variety to return his video and also by the Family Dollar store briefly. I left him all my videos and he later texted me that he was impressed with my selection and would probably view them all.

When I got home I washed my bare floors. I still have to run the vacuum cleaner. Maybe I will do that tomorrow.

Missy and I watched a video this evening and after 6:30 I took my shower and we went to bed at  9:00.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not having proper sleep will make us lazy the whole day. We also enjoy the day by seeing the movie in Amazon prime. We have good collection of movies there:)

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Ever since just before being diagnosed with Grave's thyroid disease over 15 years ago my sleep has been messed up. It used to be very hard to deal with lack of sleep when I worked part time and the kids were still at home. I have always suspected it is the synthroid that messed with my sleep. I now sleep for a while, wake up and do some quiet calming things like menu planning, to-do list making, mending, if there is any, and then finally feel sleepy again and go back to sleep for a while. If I worry about not sleeping, then the problem gets worse. The problem is that I end up wasting part of my morning by sleeping.

Margie's Musings said...

Do you think Synthroid causes sleeplessness?

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I don't know if it is the synthroid medicine for sure, or some symptom of the Grave's disease. I do know that when the bloodwork shows that my levels are too low (hypothyroid) I usually have been having trouble with dozing off when I shouldn't, and then when the synthroid dosage is increased to bring my levels up to normal, I have insomnia and have a very hard time winding down to sleep and then wake up after only a few hours (3 or 4 hours). Any time they change the synthroid dosage it takes a couple of weeks or so before I notice changes in my sleep. I go back and forth with my dosage, for a while it was too high, so the doctor lowered it, then I was feeling worn out, lost part of my eyebrows, and had other problems, so he said to try taking the lower dosage one day, alternating with the higher dosage the next. They don't manufacture a pill in a dose that I needed. So far this alternating dosing seems good, I manage to get enough sleep, in two separate sessions, and the outside ends of my eyebrows are growing back in again.

I hope you have fun on your trip over the weekend.

Unknown said...

This is really nice post. Thanks for sharing...