Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept pretty well last night but woke up at 12:30. I had gone to bed too early. I got up and went to the bathroom, cleaned up the litter box and took my med and also a Benedril capsule. That helped me get back to sleep and also dried up my sinus drainage. I don't like to take them too often because the primary ingredient is linked to dementia. I don't need any more memory problems.

Finally, around 5:00 AM I got up and dressed and fed Missy and myself. She is lying here at my feet now. She is hoping to get to go outside today but I understand it is supposed to be very windy. Yesterday it was in the 30's when I woke up. This morning it is in the 60's. But it is supposed to get down to freezing by afternoon or evening.

Bob will go with me to Independence, Kansas, this morning. We have cakes to deliver. Also, we need to stop at the church and pick up Sue's cake. It's in the freezer there. Also, I want to print off a window/door sign to tape to the inside of the front door window about our congregation's trip to Independence, Missouri, on Sunday. for the Mission Center worship service.  This is a photo of part of our church's auditorium where we hold our conferences. The spiral building is our Temple for Peace.

 Visit - Independence

I will also get my hair done and we are hoping Great China is open again. The owners close for a month each Spring to go back to China to visit family. They were closed in March.

I have no other plan for today. I may run the sweeper again. So more later...

We came back to Coffeyville and ate at the Kansas Buffet. Great China will not be open until the 11th. Kansas Buffet was alright but sure not Great China.

I decided to watch "The Post" again. I had bought it so it was on my Amazon Prime site. I still think it should have received the Academy Award.  If you have not seen it, you should. It's actually history. It's what happened just prior to Watergate..... the publishing of the Pentagon Papers...remember?

I saw Rick and Allen after that and asked Allen if he would like to go with Rick and Carmen and the rest of the congregation to Independence, Missouri, this Sunday to our Temple of Peace for a special worship service. It turns out Carmen had spoken for the two of them and Rick was not even aware of it. He will talk to Carmen and get back to me about himself and Allen. Rick was not even sure he was supposed to be that far away from his office. He is the manager. Allen seemed interested in going but I will just have to wait and see.

So, afterward I put together a sign for the front door at church and took it out and posted it on the inside window there.

Then I came home and read the newspaper and did the crossword puzzle. From 5:00 until 6:00 I will watch the news and at 6:30 I will take my shower and get ready to watch another movie or some more of that documentary I saw last night with Missy before bedtime at 9:00 or so.

1 comment:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I will have to check out THE POST on amazon / thanks for the recommendation :)