Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter Sunday

Today is Easter but also April Fool's Day. That's odd. I don't know when that has happened before.

I don't know whether Rick and Carmen will be at church today or not. Their eldest son was supposed to come in last night sometime. They weren't there last Sunday but they had been invited down to Betty's cabin on Lake Eufalla. Rick loves to fish so he couldn't turn her invitation down. I have left the usual note on their windshield. So, we will see.

Bob and I..and perhaps Karan as well will eat at "Just Us"after church.

I slept well last night but woke up once because I had forgotten to turn the furnace down and I got too warm. After I turned it down, I slept until almost 5:00.

I raked and bagged all the leaves in the center yard day before yesterday but when I took the newspaper over to Marilyn's mailbox this morning, I noticed the wind had blown a lot more leaves down on that center yard. Yuck!

The movie I watched last night was an Agatha Christie movie called "Crooked House". It was very good... just as all Agatha Christie movies are.

More later....

 Image may contain: 6 people, including Margie Miller, people smiling, people sitting, table and indoor


Six of us went to "Just Us" for lunch after church . Ramon, seated just to the right of Bob A. and in the pink shirt, bought all of our lunches.  He is such a sweetheart! I am across the table from Bob, Carmen, the pretty one, is next to me and their son, Allen, next to her in the cap and across the table from Allen, is Rick, his dad. There were six of us.

We all had a great visit!

When I got home I sent out the congregation newsletter.  Then I began reading the book Bill brought to Church School to suggest we study that. It is called "Unoffendable" and so far it is very interesting. I  read until 6:15 when I realized I was missing 60 Minutes.   So I put the book down and turned on the TV to watch the rest of the program .

When it was over, I worked on my May 20th sermon a while and then took my shower and Missy and  I watched "Top Secret Rosies" on Amazon Prime. It was very interesting. It was about the women that were recruited by the government to work on calculation for the trajectories of our long range cannon shells and also the bombing raids during World War 2. The men were all away at war so these women who were math geniuses' did the calculations. And when the first mainframe computer was invented, six of them were recruited to program it and they taught themselves to program it. It could do calculations in minutes that took the women hours to calculate without it. When the war was over, the engineers that invented it were honored.... but the women that taught themselves to program it were never even mentioned...to this day. 

Typical....

At 9:00 Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: