Monday, May 28, 2018

Monday and an Almost Sleepless Night

I went to bed at 9:00PM  last night and slept fine until 2:00AM when I got up to go to the bathroom and take my med. I thought it was strange that Missy still had not used the new litter box but thought I would would put the largest bathmat under it anyhow.  That bathmat had finished drying hanging on the shower rail after I washed the three of them again last evening. When I lifted the litter box up to slip it under it, I realized that she had used the floor behind it at least twice. There was quite a pool of urine there. I got an old rag and an old kitchen towel I no longer use in the kitchen, wet them, and mopped it all up. I will re-mop it in the morning with my wet swifter.

After that, there was to be no more sleep. I lay in bed trying to get back to sleep until 3:30AM  when I finally just gave up and got up. I had even taken a melatonin tablet when I got up at 2:00AM ...hoping that would help me get back to sleep. I have kept the old litter box and if she still refuses to use the new one, I will bring it back in and put it in the bathroom. At least part of the time, she did use it instead of the floor. What a mess! I will be leaving for my cruise in a couple of weeks and will just have to go off and leave this mess for Bob A. to take care of. Lord only knows what he will find when he comes in morning and evening to clean up after her and feed her her treats and cat food and water. I don't know what else I can do except have her put down but after 15 years I hate to even think about having to do that.

What a quandary.

Well, more later. It's nearly 4:00AM now and I may as well go fix my coffee.

I hope to be up to exercise class this morning. Kay is going to open the senior center at 9:00 as usual even though it is a holiday. She wants to do that rather then just stay home. Bob told me yesterday that Deloris, who manages the senior center, has died and that the chairman of the board "fired" Sheilah, who had been manning the office while Deloris was in the hospital. Sheilah does not want the job and neither does Kay, who leads the exercise classes but the chairman of the board says his daughter is interested in it. It sounds like he has made a way for that to happen....possibly. I don't know if he actually had the authority to fire Sheilah but Bob thought he would ask Cindy, the city clerk who usually knows everything that is going on in the city and all about the regulations, etc.. The commission is in charge of choosing the board of the the senior center even though the county bought the building this year and pays the manager. Enough about that.

I guess I will go make my coffee. I will need to make my cake today too. We deliver cakes to the First Christian Church in Independence tomorrow.  Bob will go with me this time to help deliver them. He wants to go visit his sister, Betty, and have lunch at Great China. Joanne, his girlfriend, doesn't care for Chinese food so it's been awhile since he has had any.

More later...

Well, I hope I have resolved my latest crisis.  I tried and tried to get Missy to use her new litter box. She absolutely refused. Twice I picked her up and carried her up the hall and put her in the box and encouraged her to use it. She hissed and spit at me all the way up the hall.. Finally I coaxed her into the bathroom and sat on the closed commode myself and just coaxed her to come use the litter box. First she cautiously used it to pee but then she wanted right out but I knew she also needed to poo. So once again I coaxed her back into the litter box and encouraged her to poo...which she finally did. I guess she needed to go so badly that she couldn't hold out any longer. I gave her some more treats and told her what a good kitty she was.  At least I won the second round. It will be interesting (to say the least) to see what she will do while I am at exercise class. I must get this resolved before I leave on the cruise next month.

More later....

I did go to exercise class. There were 11 of us there instead of 22 but today is a holiday and that explains it.. I believe I will go over to Caney to the Memorial Service. Rudy Taylor, an old friend, is doing the service there.  Then my daughter just called and invited me out to their house for hamburgers and chips. I am to bring ice cream. I will pick that up at Brahms in Independence or the one here just before I go out there at 5:00. I believe I will also take the strawberries Vic brought me.

So more later....

I did go to the memorial service and Rudy did an excellent job. I had an opportunity to visit with a woman I worked with at the dental office there in the70's. Ila was her first name but she lost her last husband whose last name was Bartusick and I believe she has remarried.  I did not catch her present name. She will be 80 in September and looks to be about 60. She always was pretty and she still is. Her daughter, Tammie, was there too and she looks very good too.

On my way back from Caney, I stopped at Tyro and bought an Amish made coconut cream pie at their little highway store. I am supposed to pick up some ice cream too. I will get some over at Brahms about 4:20...before I leave for John and Leslie's.

Missy had used her new litter box while I was gone. With any kind of luck, the large size of the new litter box may keep her from peeing on the old bathmat. I can only hope.

I will try to remember to take some photos this evening at their dinner.
 Image may contain: 2 people, including Leslie Brooks, people smiling, indoor
 They sure dress up my server!

More even later...This is my daughter and John, my son in law following their cruise.  I didn't get any photos at their cookout dinner this evening.I got home about 6:45. It is 7:20 now and I will get my bath over and get my PJs on . At 9:00 Missy and I will go on to bed,

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

One of the worst things about having a pet is knowing that they can have so many problems when they get old, and that it will hurt so much when they die.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true, Donna. I dread that fatal decision.

Galla Creek said...

We lost our 15 year old Feist may 24. He had really been going down. It was a relief
For it to finally occur. We did not have him put down which us the easy wY out I guess.
We just continued to care for him until the end.

Margie's Musings said...

That's want I want to do Sister-Three. I don't want Missy to have to be put down.