Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wednesday and Exercise Class

I slept pretty well last night. Missy and I went to bed at 9:00 and I didn't wake up until 3:00 when I went to the bathroom and emptied Missy's litter box...yes, she had used it again. But at least she didn't miss it....that's something! Then I went back to bed and slept until almost 5:00.

I got myself ready for the day. brushed my teeth and washed my face and, sure enough, even with that small use, the sink was still stopped up. When I attempted to plunge it again, it brought up all that black greasy gunk and it still didn't drain. Hopefully Kyle will be back sometime today to replace the trap...which appears to be deteriorating. That's what he thinks all that black greasy gunk is. I just left it rather then ruin another old dish towel trying to wipe it out. It's always something!

After I had my bath last night, Rick came and picked up his fish. He is going to have a fish fry for his men at work.

If Kyle doesn't call me before exercise class, I will go on to that. Right now, I need to feed Missy and myself.  So, more later...

Missy and I have had our breakfasts and have even gone out on the patio. It had rained last night and Missy wanted to just come back in.  She is in on my bed now. She did use the new litter box again...and so far, has kept it in the litter box. I hope that continues.

The bathroom sink still didn't drain so I took my Bartenders Friend and some paper towels and cleaned up the sink. It looks fine now but if anyone puts water in the sink or even uses it for anything, that greasy black gunk will be back. I will probably just brush my teeth in the kitchen sink if Kyle doesn't get back before morning to put a new trap in it.

I don't have anything planned for today. Since it rained last night I don't even have to water this morning.  So I may get back to my book.

More even later...

I went to exercise class this morning and then afterward on to Walmart to get some groceries.  Kyle called while I was there and he said he would be here this afternoon to work on the sink in the bathroom. While I was gone, the greasy black gunk came back up into the sink.  I didn't deal with it again. I will give him the red bucket and when he takes the trap out, it can pour into that bucket. I do need to get the stuff out from under the sink before he comes and I need to eat lunch too.

 No automatic alt text available.
The mess I found in the bathroom sink after I had cleaned it out! Disgusting!

Scott called this morning and we texted back and forth for awhile. He is trying to take care of last minute stuff before our cruise.  He is giving me some spending money. Strange...for years, I gave him spending money...now I guess he feels it is payback time. :) That's neat of him!

I'd better get that stuff out from under the sink.  More later...

Kyle came while I was eating my soup. And after he discovered it was a mess again, I gave him my last old dish towel to clean up the mess it made. 

Kyle took the trap off but he discovered it was a lot more serious then he had the expertise to handle. I took him out to check the outside drain and had him flush the toilet to see if the water would come up into it...it did not.  He had me call Betty and tell her she was going to have to get a plumber.  Besides that, Carmen, my neighbor, came over and she has the exact same problem in her bathroom sink. There is greasy black gunk in her sink too and even when she cleans it out, it comes back up...just like mine does. Betty called her plumber and he will be here tomorrow afternoon. Carmen works tomorrow afternoon and so I will need to be here with her key too to let him in her apartment.

They are buying a house and moving into it July1st. I will miss them. I hope they will continue to come on to church. They have been so faithful. They are such neat kids. Carmen even sent me home with a casserole dish for my lunch tomorrow.

Scott texted me this afternoon and Keith called. I really appreciate the way the boys stay in touch with me almost every week.

That's fine. Tomorrow is house cleaning day and I will be cleaning and doing laundry all day. I strip my bed this week and wash sheets. I will try to get that done in the morning before the plumber comes..

So far, Missy has not missed the new litter box at all. So I won't have the mats to wash unless she misses it tonight. I will wash my sheets, towels and wash cloths as well as my PJs tomorrow morning in case the plumber has to turn off the water.  It's almost 7:00 PM now and I have just had my bath and taken my Mira Lax. I will see if Missy wants to watch some more "Nature" with me. She loves "Nature". Then we will go to bed at 9:00 if all goes according to plan..

No comments: