Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night and I am so glad. I knew I would either be too sore from all my activity yesterday and unable to sleep, or be so tired I would sleep like the dead. It was the latter. :)

I got up at nearly 5:00, my usual time to get up. I have fed and watered Missy and myself and after I finish this I will go bake my banana nut bread for church. This was Bob's turn but he is not going to church. He is going to attend Joanne's family reunion out at Cedar Bluff campgrounds.

I will pick up Phyllis for church and afterward we will eat lunch together, probably at "Just Us".

If I am up to it, after I finish the congregation's newsletters, I will get back out there and finish planting my flowers.

Now, I will get in there and get that banana nut bread in the oven.  So, more later...

O.K. the banana nut bread is in the oven now and has another twenty minutes to bake..at least.

I have read the paper and done the crossword puzzle.  I have taken the trash out and taken the paper to Marilyn and am feeling pretty well. If nothing changes, I will get the rest of the flowers planted this afternoon.

So, more even later..

Leslie did a nice job on the service and eleven of us ate together at the Railroad Inn in Independence.
 Image may contain: 8 people, including Margie Miller, Leslie Brooks and Karan Lee Musick-Maritt, people smiling, people sitting and indoor
.Phyllis wouldn't turn around for the photo. :) She's camera shy.

 Dad, Leslei and Mom

 This was my late husband, Bob, and daughter, Leslie, and me at Leslie's graduation from college. I believe that was 2007. It took her awhile to work it into her busy life but she graduated with honors.

I went out awhile ago and took Missy out too. I trimmed awhile on the rose bush and cleaned up dead branches on it while  Missy wandered about some...staying within sight though. It is too hot to try to plant the flowers. I will wait until late afternoon when the sun goes down on the east side of the apartment. Then maybe I can get some more of it finished.

So more a little later....

I planted a few more flowers later in the afternoon. The problem is the gravel in the east flower bed.  Before I can plant anything I have to take out several cups of gravel. This area used to be a parking lot before Wayne built the fourplex. I'm not even sure any of them will live once the roots reach further down and find gravel. We will just have to see.

Later this evening, I took my bath and Missy and I watched a documentary about the origin of Sherlock Holmes and the author Conan Doyle and another on the Mayflower settlement on the east coast.

Then at 10:30, we both went on to bed.

No comments: