Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday and Exercise Class

I slept well last night but then I took Zzzquil before I went to bed. That helped me sleep well.

Today I will go to exercise class and finish the cleaning of the apartment afterward. I still need to vacuum the bedroom and dust. I had washed the filter on my vacuum and it was supposed to dry 24 hours so I didn't finish that last room yesterday. Every time I vacuum I get a huge wad of cat hair in the tank .  Missy is really shedding. I really need to vacuum at least twice a week. I do have to vacuum with my left arm though because of my right arm rotater cuff.

Missy is patiently waiting for daylight so we can go outside. Poor old cat...that is one of her favorite things to do.

I could continue cleaning out closets today but I am out of large boxes. I will check that out later.

Missy and I did go outside but she suddenly bolted for Evelyn's carport and caught a very small bird. I could not get her to give it up. It was pitiful. All but the tail was in her mouth and the tail was twitching so it was still alive. I was so angry. It looked like a baby wren.I brought her back in and looked around later to see if it had made her sick....evidently not.

More later...

Bob called and asked if I wanted to go to breakfast and I did. I had had a tiny bowl of oatmeal but I had room for the Silver Dollar Special and so he picked me up and we ate at Eggbert's. I will probably not eat lunch until well into the afternoon.

I did go to exercise class this morning and did what I could do without hurting my right  rotater cuff. Then I went to the market to buy stamps and mailed my letter off and stopped at the Dollar Tree and found those small Styrofoam coffee cups we use at church...for $1.00. I bought a package. I also found the larger covered cake pans there like Karan and Phyllis use for $1.00 too. I had looked at the market and they did not have them. So I bought one of theirs for next time I bake cakes for the First Christian Church in Independence.

Now I will put the dry foam filter back in the vacuum sweeper and when Missy is out of my bedroom, I will vacuum in there. Right now she is in there on my bed..sleeping.

More later... I am still steaming the CBSN news so I will go watch it on my notebook computer. The TV picture was tearing again this morning. I see McCain is stopping treatment for his cancer. He will not last long now. I imagine it has been a terrible ordeal for him.

Missy is still sleeping in the bedroom so I will wait until she wakes up and gets up to finish the vacuuming.. Missy is up now. She has been eating her cat food. If she stays in here, I will finish the vacuuming in the bedroom.

I went to Country Mart and bought some Onion soup mix for my meat that I intend to cook for Sunday's basket dinner. I will add potatoes and green beans to the slow cooker.

Also, I finally got the bedroom vacuumed. I also microwaved some sweet and sour chicken and ate that.

Later...

At 6:00, I took my bath and Missy and I watched three episodes of Perry Mason  and then went to bed ta 9:00PM.

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Poor old kitty. I know as much as you hated that she caught the little baby wren, you know it must have been the highlight of your Missy's "old kitty" current life. It was probably a big thrill for her.

My husband and I are always trying to do things that make our little old Pomeranian happy. We never had a dog live much past 14 years old before, so we spoil Fuzzy. I brush him every night, because he loves that, and now he always gets a half teaspoon of ice cream each night. He never lets us forget that, and anytime the weather is cool enough my husband takes him out in the backyard to run around. One of Fuzzy's favorite activities that is not allowed, and has to be supervised against, is rolling in anything that he can find that is dead or stinky or both. That is out, I don't care how old he is. Our little old pets sure have us wrapped around their paws, don't they.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, they do, Susie! They certainly do!