Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning Day

I slept well last night although the right shoulder (rotater cuff) was very sore. I slept anyhow.  I got up near 5:00AM and dressed and fed myself and Missy. Missy isn't eating a lot anymore and has lost some weight. She doesn't eat all her treats at once but nibbles on them through the morning.  She also sleeps a lot.

We went out briefly awhile ago but there was too much traffic out there and she was ready to come back in pretty quickly.

I will clean today and then go out to Walmart later and buy a few groceries.  This evening, I will take my car over to Gary. He will look it over tomorrow and try to figure out what is causing the problem with starting from time to time.

I talked to Scott, my younger son, this morning.  He is very unhappy with his new security job. He has 36 people under him and some are homeless and others have no car and are always late. He says all but one are just losers who can find no other job. He is very upset and is in the progress of trying to find another job...even if it doesn't pay as well. They want him to sleep with his phone and be on call all the time. He only sleeps about 5 hours a night as it is. He wants a job that gives him a "normal" life.

In about an hour, I will vacuum the apartment and wash the floors in the bathroom and kitchen.  Then I need to dust.

I have a good TV picture this morning. So I am watching the news on the TV instead of on line through streaming.

More later...

I cleaned the apartment and then Gary called and said he had some "no shows" and if I wanted to bring him my car he would try to get it to do the "no start" thing off and on all day and see if it would do it for him. I did that and he brought me back home. Since I was without a car all day , I cleaned out my dining room closet and boxed up things from it that I will take to the rummage sale at the senior center on October 13th. The closet looks nice and neat now. I still have the den closet to check out and the living room closet too but I have some time to get that done..

Karan took my to pick up my car and then I went out to Walmart and bought my groceries and then to Dollar General and bought Missy's litter.

Later Diana called and asked about why she could not reach her dad by phone. I told her he was at the doctor's office in Bartlesville and they ask everyone to turn off teir phones while there.

Then Denise came by the apartment  and asked me the same thing. She stayed awhile and visited  after I told her the same thing. 

At 7:00PM I took my bath and Missy and I watched a couple of episodes of Perry Mason before we went on to bed a little after 9:00PM.

No comments: