Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Tuesday and a Good Night's Sleep

I slept well last night. I got up close to 5:00AM and got myself ready for the day, fed Missy and myself and started to watch the Channel 6 news. It was tearing so I got it on the notebook computer and watched it that way.

Bob texted me to see if I had any leftover chocolate frosting. He did not have enough to finish icing his cake. I told him all I had was almost half a can in the frig and he asked to come over with his cake and use it to finish icing it. I said "sure" and soon he was here.  I iced his cake because I had to be very careful not to tear the cake when I iced mine yesterday. Of course, mine was warm. His was completely cool since he baked it last evening.

I am going to take a chance on my starter working today.  I need to go to my beauty shop appointment at 9:30AM and then on to Independence to deliver the four cakes. I will check to see if Juanita has her bank statement while I am there. Then tomorrow I have my Dr. Eslicker appointment at 2:00PM in Bartlesville.  Then I am free to see Gary about the starter.

So more later....

So far, so good. I went to my beauty shop appointment and then on to deliver the cakes to the First Christian Church in Independence. Then I went by Juanita's to see why she did not answer her phone when I called. I found she had her TV on too loud to hear it. She did have her bank statement though and I stayed and balanced her checkbook.

Then I came home about 11:30 and went over to Braum's and had a hamburger and french fries and a small milk shake. I couldn't figure out what to have for lunch so I took the easy way out.

Then I came back home and read all afternoon. I have been reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" again. There is a book discussion at the library on the 30th about the book and I want to attend.

I read my mail, paid some of my bills and eventually gave Missy some of her treats.

I will try to go to Bartlesville tomorrow to my doctor's appointment with Dr. Eslicker. The starter worked today but I am quite sure the starter is the problem. I will see Gary Wednesday afternoon. I noticed today that he is swamped with business since Greg has retired and he is the only really good mechanic in town....he and Brandon who works for him.

I tried watching my TV again  but it is still tearing way too badly. I tried to watch the news on my computer but it wasn't streaming very well either. It must be the weather.

In an hour or so, I will take my bath and watch some Amazon Prime. Then at 9:00, Missy and I will go on to bed.


No comments: