Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tuesday and a Hair Day and Delivery of Cakes Day

I slept pretty well last night. I got up close to 5:00AM and cleaned up Missy's litter box. Then I heard her choking and saw she had just coughed up some foam..nothing else. I cleaned that up with some Resolve. Every once in a long while she chokes up something. I think she eats something quickly and since she has lost so many teeth, can't chew it up well enough and coughs it up. She is just so old for a cat. She will be 16 in March.She sleeps so much of the time too. She sleeps all night and then sleeps most of the day too.

After I ate my oatmeal, I started to turn on the TV and nothing happened. I think it is the batteries. I had some batteries so I quickly changed them out. I didn't want to lose the programming. What do you know! It worked!  And once again, I have clear TV.  It's 75 degrees this morning so that might have something to do with it.

My hair appointment is at 9:00AM this morning and then afterward I will drive up to Independence with the cakes. I will call Barbara, the church secretary, and tell her I will be a little later.

My Schwans' order will come this evening between 5:00PM and 8:00 PM and then I will not reorder again. Their singles meals are just too large and the Walmart meals are just as good and only cost $1.88...instead of $5 or $6 dollars and are just the right size for me.

More later....

I delivered the cakes and came on back home.  I stopped by Sonic and bought a child's chicken strip dinner for lunch. That's plenty for me. That's two chicken strips, some tater tots and a small Coke.

I saw Betty, my landlady, here when I got home and she had rented the apartment next door to an oriental couple who are going to open a Japanese restaurant in the building where Joyce once had her uniform business.  Joyce works for FEMA now. She closed her shop.

As Betty was leaving, she tripped over a part of the sidewalk that had sunk and almost fell.  She sent a cement contractor over later to see what he could do about it. He will give her an estimate. I don't know when this new couple will move in. He says he's going to have a mess out here when he starts working on that cement.

I have no TV picture this evening. I'm not surprised. It's 92 degrees now. The picture tears constantly.

It's nearly 4:00PM now and I see I will have no TV this evening unless it's Amazon Prime.

More later...


It's 5:00PM now and I still have no picture.  Of course, it's 92 degrees now too. That must make a difference.


No comments: