Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Wednesday and a Sick Cat

Poor Missy is sick this morning. She tried to wake me up earlier this morning and I told her to lay down and go back to sleep. She did. I later got up at nearly 5:00AM  and stripped my bed and washed the sheets. Then I checked my e-mail and went into the kitchen to feed Missy and myself. She was out of water and low on food. I fed and watered her and before I could even fix my own breakfast she went into the living room and threw everything in her stomach up on the carpet. It was completely undigested and the cat food was whole. I got my Resolve and a wet cloth and a roll of paper towels and cleaned it all up. It was a huge mess and later I found a smaller one near the sofa and cleaned it up too. This may be the beginning of the end for her. She is 15 and a half years old and has lost many of her teeth. She has thrown up several times lately. I will call Dr. Barta later this morning and get some advice.

I do have TV this morning again. I had some last night after it was time for bed.  It's still a mystery! It's only 72 degrees this morning and that may enter into it.

I don't have a plan for today until afternoon at 2:00PM when I plan to go out to Asbury Village and play Bunco.

More later .....

I took Missy out while it was still cool and she ate some grass and then later threw up again outside. We were out until it got too hot to be out there. It's 78 degrees now but she wanted to be out in the sunshine. I stayed out as long as I could and then picked her up and brought her back inside. She was not happy!! I need to remake my bed. And I want to close the door in there. I sure don't want her throwing up on my new mattress and box springs.  She's heading back there now. She is looking at the closed door.

It is 10:00 and I need to remake my bed before I take her to Dr. Barta's pet hospital.

More later...

I remade my bed before I started the fight to get her in the carrier.  Finally I managed that.

It was a fight but I finally got her into the carrier to take her to Dr. Barta's hospital. She cried all the way there and I had no idea how they would examine her she was so angry. But Dr. Barta had the  magic though. She behaved perfectly. He checked her carefully and could find no sign of anything except aging indigestion. He even drew blood and checked her for diabetes.  He said her sugar was a little high but not high enough to do insulin. He gave her a shot of antibiotic just in case she had some sort of bacteria working in her gut. He gave me enough of that to last a week and I am supposed to give her one shot a day.  On the way home, she was quieter. She is in on the floor next to my bed now.  It cost me $103.55 but it was worth it to find out she was o.k. He said if it didn't clear up to bring her back and he would do some more tests.

He also weighed her. She weighed 13 pounds. She has lost some weight over the years. She used to weigh 18 pounds

More later....

After we got back home, she climbed up on the bed and took an afternoon nap. I imagine she was exhausted! The trip in the carrier was an ordeal for her...especially on the way up to the vet.

At 2:00PM, I went on out to Asbury Place for Bunco. I got back after 4:00PM and she was still sleeping. When she discovered I was home she got down and came into the living room to convince me she needed her treats early. I have spoiled her so I gave her some.

Later, she and I lay down on the sofa and watched the rest of the Perry Mason series. We went to bed at 9:00PM.


2 comments:

clairz said...

Oh, dear. Missy is lucky to have you taking such good care of her. When my dogs or cats have upset stomachs they quite willingly eat a tablespoon of plain yogurt. It really seems to settle them down. I hope Missy gets better soon.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. So far nor more problems. Thanks for caring. She is my very old companion.