Friday, November 9, 2018

Friday and Lunch with Gretchen, Judy and Karan

I slept fairly well last night. I went to bed at 9:00 PM. At 10:30PM, I woke up and went to the bathroom and took my med. An hour later I got up again and took some Zzquil.  Then I slept until 6:00AM.

I have watched the Tulsa and CBS news and then I went to the market.

I am to have lunch with Karan and Gretchen today but they want to eat chili at the senior center.  So even though I've had chili twice in the past two days, Karan is determined to eat lunch at the senior center...so I will eat chili again.  I was outvoted. I went on to town to meet them at the store where we had met and lo and behold they had decided to eat tomato soup and sandwiches at The Mercantile.

Anyhow I went to the market earlier and bought a few more things. I want to take a roast to the basket dinner on Sunday so I bought one and some potatoes and carrots. I will cook it in my slow cooker. I also got some chocolate icing for the cake I will bake tomorrow and put in the freezer at church or at Bob's apartment in his freezer on Saturday afternoon.

Bob came and picked up his coffee this morning. I had ordered it from Amazon. He is to get it once a month without any freight charges and it is a nice variety. If he doesn't need it once a month I will take it on the alternate months or we can split the order. Getting it regularly every other month from Amazon gives us a nice discount and no freight charges.

The girls and I met at The Mercantile at 11:30AM and we had lunch there. Then we went to the senior center and made our $2.00 donation and had a cinnamon roll for dessert.

Judy invited me to join them there at Karan's tomorrow evening at 6:00PM and watch the first episode of the video that Karan bought featuring Phyllis Tickle and "The Great Emergence".  I guess I will go.

I am waiting for the mail now. It's almost 2:00PM now and ordinarily the mail comes at 2:00PM.

So, more later...

The mail came and with it, my Reporter newspaper. I read that and did the crossword puzzle. Then I took the paper over to Marilyn's  house. Around 5:00PM I turned on the news. After that, I watched some Amazon Prime TV.  I have gone back, at least temporarily, to watching "Crime Stories".

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and Missy and I watched some more "Crime Stories" on Amazon. I fell asleep during that program and woke up at 9:00PM and turned off the TV and went on to bed. Missy soon joined me.

No comments: