Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Tuesday and Election Day

I slept fairly well last night. I woke up at 4:00AM and couldn't get back to sleep so just got up and dressed and got ready for the day. I fed Missy and myself and am watching the news now.

We are forecast for a hard freeze later this week.  If I have time I will dump out my container flowers before the weather gets them.

I will be so glad when this election is over. The only TV stations I can get are Oklahoma stations and that is a particularly nasty campaign. There are so many negative ads and experts tell us they actually work. That doesn't say a lot for our society. My policy is to vote for no one who uses them. I would rather study the issues and vote for the one whose political philosophy I agree with.

I will vote here in Kansas as soon as the polls open at 7:00AM.  Then I will get my hair done at 9:00AM. Otherwise, I don't have a plan for today. I may run the vacuum. Missy sheds terribly and I usually get a huge wad of cat hair even though I vacuum every week..sometimes twice a week.

More later....

I got the large bag of old minutes and bank statements out and when I went to vote I took them to Doug Mund, who was the CMA vice president.  I then got my hair done and by the time I finished that, the bank was open and I could check to see if those three checks had cleared the bank. Only the $30.00 check for Lisa Barron had cleared the bank. The other two are still outstanding.

A further mystery is the bank bag with the check book in it. I cannot find it anywhere. I last had it in the den when I made my final financial report to the former alliance members. I copied the amount of the two larger checks into my report.  I assumed it was still in the den since I could not get that bank bag into the bag all those records were in. I searched the den and then I searched the entire apartment. I could never find it.  I even searched my car. It wasn't there either. It has simply disappeared. Surely it will turn up somewhere in the apartment. Where else could it be? It's a mystery!

There should be nothing in the account after those two checks clear. Wherever that bank bag is...that's where the checkbook is too. Strange....

I didn't vacuum after all. My right arm is very sore today.  I don't want to aggravate it. I read most of the afternoon. I received a new book in the mail.

I also made some notes for the library's Book Club meeting later in the month. I had read the book several weeks ago and that will help refresh my memory.

I began watching the election results until later this evening when I changed to the  Amazon Prime. After the episode of "The Power of Myth" , I changed back to the election results but Missy and I went on to bed at 9:00. I was just too tired. It appeared the Democrats would win the house and lose ground in the senate.

No comments: