Saturday, November 24, 2018

Saturday and a Trip to Independence

I slept amazingly well last night. I awoke at 2:00AM and went to the bathroom and took my med and then got right back to sleep until almost 6:00AM. That's better sleep then I have had in years.

I got myself ready for the day and fed Missy and myself. I have been watching the CBS news but it's all old news. So I decided to begin my blog.

Walgreen's contacted me a couple of days ago that it was time to renew my thyroid med. I get it there for three months. I get it there because it is just half the price of the Medicine Shoppe pharmacy. Pharmacies that hike their prices up unreasonably are just asking for a loss of business. I still get my blood pressure med at the local Medicine Shoppe because it's only $10.00 for a three month's supply and I don't have to drive to Independence.

I need some makeup too today and I have to get that in Independence so I will stop for that too. I may check out their larger Walmart too. I wasn't able to find a table runner at ours. They may still have some. I ordered one from Amazon and it should be here on Monday. But I wanted one for my bedroom dresser too. I had a bunch of neat round and rectangular place mats from last year but I could only find two of the round ones and two of the rectangular ones yesterday. I have no idea where the rest could be. I went through the server storage but they were not there. Wherever they are, they are probably with the table runner. I found those I did find in the cedar chest but the others were not there. My storage is all full. I need to de-junk this apartment this winter.

I heard from Leslie last night that John R's Military funeral will be Wednesday in Neodesha at the First Christian Church and the dinner afterward will be at their senior center. We are to provide desserts and breads and salads. John was a retired senior Chief Petty Officer in the Navy.  They have been very involved in the Neodesha community since they moved there years ago. I am thinking of taking coleslaw for the funeral dinner. John was 85, I believe. Sue will be lost without him.

I want to finish my vacuuming today sometime. I got everything done but the dining room and my bedroom yesterday. The right arm is still fine and not hurting but I am not pushing it.

Missy peed on the bath mat under her litter box last night. She stands too close to the edge of the litter box. Luckily, I had laundered the other two. I washed the floor and put a fresh one under the litter box.   She is here behind me on the daybed.

I got everything back where they belong after the kids left yesterday. I made up the trundle and pushed it back under the daybed. I brought the old Dell computer back in here with it's printer too. Generally I just use that for my Quicken. I put the notebook in my bedroom. It fully charges so if I want to use it, I can just bring it in the living room and use it on my lap.

I still want to decorate my bedroom and the den for Christmas. I would like to find some Christmas towels for the bathroom too. I have one hand towel. I think Leslie may have given that one to me. Also I need to buy three prizes for the Bunco game on the 5th of December at the senior center. It is my turn to provide the prizes. I will buy cute Christmas decorations since it is December by then.

I won't have to worry about buying Christmas gifts this year. Leslie told me the family is only to buy for the children this year. I still want to buy birthday gifts for my kids though. Scott has his. I have too many grandchildren to buy for all of them and too many great grandchildren to buy for too.

More later...

I got my vacuuming done and made a quick trip to Independence to pick up my med at Walgreens. I also went out to their Walmart for a few things.   It is a larger store then ours. I bought my Christmas cards there too and I found a table runner.  I got a text from Karan that Marilyn L. was in town and wanted to see me as well as the rest of our group. I want to go to the Merle Norman store but it didn't seem to be open so I made a quick trip back to Coffeyville to see Marilyn.

I had a call from a classmate, Betty, to meet me at 4:00PM at Braums for a visit. She had come to town to pick up a painting from her uncle's estate and some books she had given him. Unfortunately, her cousin was out of town and she needed to stay overnight in order to see the cousin. I offered her my spare room and she took me up on it.  I am to wake her up at 7:00AM so she can have breakfast before she meets her cousin at 9:00AM.

We visited until 9:00PM this evening and then I took my bath and we went on to bed. A busy day!


2 comments:

Betty said...

Margie, my daughter is starting a women's group at her church and they are going to be reviewing books by and about women. She is having a hard time finding books with women's issues with their faith and I told her I'd write and ask if you know of any good books about women's struggles with their faith while dealing with the everyday struggles they go through.

If you know of any, I'd appreciate hearing from you. My e-mail address is bettyad2002@gmail.com.

Thanks

Betty

Margie's Musings said...

Betty, I will check with my librarian and get back with you.