Sunday, November 18, 2018

Sunday and Church and Coffeecake

I have slept fairly well last night. I got up the last time at 5:00AM. I awoke at 2:00AM and again at 4:00AM and finally just got up. For most of the night, my right arm hurt and it kept me awake from time to time. Maybe it was the vacuuming.... but I had used my left arm...so, I just don't know. I took two Aleve before bedtime to try to avoid the pain. It didn't work.

This morning I dressed and got myself ready for the day.Then I bribed Missy into getting off the bed so I could make it by offering her treats. She jumped right down. I have fed her now so I will get my oatmeal made in a little while and go ahead and mix up the coffeecake for the Church School class and get it in the oven after I eat.

The arm has begun hurting again so I have better get off the computer for now.

More later..

I have had my breakfast and made up the coffeecake and have it in the oven. I checked on my brother-in-law and he is up and eating his toast and having his coffee. I will pick him up this morning too.

The coffeecake has about 20 minutes left in the oven and then I will test it and get it out of the oven if is done and set it on a rack to cool before I ice it. About 8:00AM, I will call Phyllis to tell her I will pick her up at 9:00AM.

I have cleaned out the litter box and Missy is in on my bed napping.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Margie Miller, people smiling, outdoor
This photo was taken on Tuesday when we went to Scottsdale, Arizona, and walked around looking in at neat stores. 

 Image may contain: 2 people, including Margie Miller, people smiling
This photo was taken on Keith and Esther's patio after we got home from Sadona.  Keith is my eldest son.

 Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling
This is Keith and Esther in front of the wedding chapel in Sadona where they were married nearly eight years ago.

 Image may contain: 2 people, including Leslie Brooks, people smiling, people standing, mountain, outdoor and nature

This is Leslie and Esther having Chai Latte on the patio in Sadona, Arizona.

 Image may contain: 3 people, including Leslie Brooks and Margie Miller, people smiling, people sitting and table
This one is of three of us having our chai latte. Notice John, my son-in-law, in the background.

That's all the photos of our trip to Arizona for awhile.

After lunch, I will come home and do the congregational newsletters. This evening I am to go to Independence for the group meeting and dinner before that.  If I can't ride with Karan I will not go. I do not drive at night anymore. There are too many deer out at this time of year and I cannot afford to buy another car. And also I don't eat two large meals in the same day. It influences my sleep to eat that much in one day. I will play it by ear.

More later...

I got the coffeecake out of the oven, iced it and  then remembered I was supposed to get some bowls for the church. I went over to the Dollar General store a couple of blocks away and bought some. I will put the receipt in the offering tray for Leslie, who is our CFO at church.

More later...

We had a small congregation today since it was 30 degrees and were forecast some bad weather. Our congregation comes from miles away as well as Coffeyville and Independence. Some even come from Neodesha.  I made coffee cake for the Church School class but that was small too so I brought several pieces home with me. I took some to Marilyn, my neighbor and will give some to Bob and Joanne. Then I kept some for me.

The three of us were joined by Karan and her stepdaughter, Becky, at Great China for lunch. I brought home some lemon chicken. Karan will pick me up to go to Mona and Richard's this evening.  That's good. They sold their country home and moved into Independence so I have never been to their most recent home. I don't even know where it is in Independence.  Karan has been there.

I got the newsletters done and took Missy out to let her see that she does not like 30 degree weather. She came right back in. Now since I am working on the computer in the den, she wanted up on the daybed behind me. So I lifted her up there. I put a chair next to the daybed so she can carefully climb down. I don't like 30 degree weather either.

I went with Karan and later Judy and Howard to Independence for the group meeting at Mona and Richard's home and we had dinner and afterward a great time discussing the video. I have offered to buy them books at Amazon because we can get them used there for $4.95. ...and free shipping. I don't know if any of them are interested in reading the book. They sure like the video.

I got home after 9:00PM and Missy was not happy with me for being gone. I had to coax her to come lie down with me and watch TV after I got home. I took my bath and got my PJ's on first.

We went on to bed about 9:30PM.






2 comments:

marlu said...

Looks like you had wonderful weather during your trip. I hope the flight was pleasant. We haven't flown since 2003! This week-end looks to be very busy for air travel.

Margie's Musings said...

It was 70 degrees the entire time we were there...great weather. Great fun!!