Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept fitfully last night and finally decided at 3:00AM that I was keeping the apartment a little too cold to be comfortable. So I got up and turned up the furnace a notch or so. That helped! I went back to sleep and slept until shortly after 6:00AM.

I have dressed, made my bed and eaten my breakfast and had my Chai Latte and watched the Tulsa news. In 15 minutes, the CBS news will be on and I will go watch it. The Tulsa news is just a constant revamp of the same news, over and over again as a different audience wakes up and turns on their TV. Tulsa had almost 70 murders last year. That is a very violent culture down there. It has to have something to do with being a bigger city.

It may be the same with the CBS news since the main story is the government shut down.  We will see.

I will go to the senior center this afternoon at 1:00PM and play bunco. I am taking those cookies I baked yesterday afternoon.

More later...

I watched the news most of the morning on CBS and then played a computer game before I ate my lunch. I didn't eat much. My friend, Karan said she was bringing pulled pork, baked beans, slaw and sweet tea.  I had very little of my Sloppy Joe stuff left so I warmed it up, put it on a toasted small bun and finished it up. I probably won't eat a lot of Karan's lunch because I also had an ice cream bar. :)

I wanted to pick up one of the library books we will be reading for our book club but Rachel says we don't have any locally and she has ordered several in for January's read. We are supposed to read "The Rosie Project" . I've never heard of it.

But more later...it's time to go.

I played Bunco for two hours this afternoon and won the prize for the most losses. That's a heck of a prize! :)


Then I came home and got my mail. Two more classmates were lost. I spent the better part of an hour online trying to locate a new address. I found one for each of them and addressed two more envelopes. I have them out on themailbox now to be picked up tomorrow.

Then I watched two TV shows and two Amazon Prime episodes of Forensic Files before taking my bath and going to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: