Friday, March 15, 2019

Friday and Apartment Cleaning Day

I slept well last night and got up at 5:00AM as usual. I had my breakfast of oatmeal and coffee and texted Bob to see if he was alright.  He was. He was going to take Joanne and go to the meatloaf luncheon at the senior center. I had already made three trips over there this week so I decided not to go over again. I will be going over tomorrow to pick up Phyllis to go to Neodesha for the funeral.

I will clean the apartment today. I usually do that on Thursdays but was just too tired yesterday and besides, I have nothing going today. I have been watching the weather channel this morning. The south is getting hit hard with tornadoes.

I need to go out to the Dollar General store here today and get some more breakfast bars. Those make a nice snack with my evening yogurt.

More later...

This is my daughter-in-law, Ginger's daughter and grandchild, Graclyn,  and of course, the baby's father.
 Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, shoes and outdoor
 They are so neat! And a very cute baby.

Nancy came over abut 10:30 and wanted to go to lunch. That was fine. I had had breakfast very early and was ready for lunch if she was well...and for a change...she was well.  Afterward she came in for awhile and visited too.

After she left, I read the Reporter. It had Sue's obituary. And it mentioned that they were having family visiting this afternoon from 12:00PM until 8:00PM.  I also wondered if Leslie had ordered flowers for the funeral. I texted her about it and it was awhile before I got her answer. She asked me to drop by the Hasselman's Florist in Independence and get the flowers. I decided to go to the family visitation this afternoon and take the flowers with me. The flowers were lovely.

I did that. I had a chance to visit briefly with Kim, Johnna's daughter and Sam, Randy's adopted daughter.. Actually I got to visit with his other two daughters too. And I had taken the Reporter with me and asked Kim if she had seen it. She hadn't. I asked her if she would like to have it since I had it in the car. She did want it so I went out and got it for her.

I stopped in Independence and bought two more newspapers and took one of them to Alice and the other one I have saved for Bob.  I also stopped at the market and bought more stamps.  

I got home about 3:30PM and sat and read the rest of the afternoon. I never did get the apartment cleaned. Maybe I will get it done in the morning.

It is 6:20PM now. At 7:00PM I will take my bath and at 9:00PM, I will go on to bed.