Monday, March 11, 2019

Monday and Another Good Night's Sleep

I awoke at 6:00AM this morning after having a good night's sleep.  I decided the trick may be to not take the melatonin until I wake up in the night. I have no problem getting to sleep. My problem is getting back to sleep after waking up in the night. So I am going to take the melatonin at that point.

I stripped my bed early this morning and washed the bedding and my towels and underwear. After they were finished and dry, I remade the bed and put everything away.  

I tried to call Nancy this morning but she must still be sleeping. It is 10:20AM but I think she sleeps later when she doesn't feel well. I didn't let it ring many times. I didn't want to wake her up. I need to go to Independence and get some more moisture emulsion from the Merle Norman store there. I was going to ask her to go along if she was well and up to it. I also have a few things on my grocery list. I can also go to their Walmart store. I have tried to get as much as possible at our Dollar General Store here but there are some things that can't be found there. My Merle Norman stuff is just one of those things.

More later...

I finally got hold of Nancy and she is sick to her stomach again. I told her what I had wanted and she would have gone with me if she hadn't been throwing up all morning. Her cousin, Dale, went to the drugstore to get something to settle her stomach. I don't know why she won't let me take her to the doctor. It has been months since all this started and she resists seeing a doctor about it.  I think she is in denial. It's obvious she is not going to get well until she finds of what is wrong and can be treated.  I can't do anything but encourage her to let me take her to the doctor. So far, that hasn't worked.

I did go on to Independence and got my moisture emulsion at the Merle Norman store and then went on to Walmart and bought $50.00 worth of groceries.  I drove by Juanita's house but so far Michele has not put it on the market. I assume it is now hers since her husband, Chet, died before Juanita did and he was to have inherited it.

More even later...

I decided to watch one of the programs I had recorded last night and was in the middle of that when Nancy came to visit.  She had recovered from her upset stomach and wanted to visit. I was happy to see her. I turned off the TV and we visited for a couple of hours.  It's 3:50PM now and I am just about to get back to my program. I ate one of my Schwans frozen dinner for lunch before Nancy showed up. I even had one of my ice cream bars.

I gave Nancy her coffeecake before she left.

More later..I am going to get back to that program. I stepped outside with Nancy when she left and it is lovely out there.  I hope that will be the case tomorrow when I go to Coffeyville to get my hair done.  My appointment is at 8:30AM tomorrow. I may meet Bob for breakfast first. I need to ask him if we are having breakfast tomorrow.

More even later...

It's 7:30PM and I have had my bath and will not go to bed until 9:00PM. I have been reading and will read until bedtime since there's nothing on TV that I am interested in this evening.

No comments: