Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday and Coffeecake Again

I slept well last night but woke up at 4:00AM. I finally just got up since I had had plenty of sleep.  It turns out that since I had forgotten to change the clocks, it was actually 5:00AM, my regular time to get up. I dressed and got myself ready for church. Then after I had eaten breakfast, I changed the clocks and baked my coffeecake for the church school class. I have yet to ice it. It is still cooling.

I will leave a little earlier for church today and go into Coffeyville to the bank. I have run out of money early this week.  I will need some more for the next week and lunch today. I spent what I had left on lunch with Gay and the girls on Friday. And Tuesday, Toni wants to do my color and cut.

I had texted Scott last evening. I noticed Nashville was under storm watches.  He said they were fine but I was glad to hear from him even in text. I heard from Keith night before last. He is very good about staying in touch at least once a week. They were concerned about their old dashhound It had been sick and was very old. They had some tests run and and decided not o have it put down but just to baby it along. 

I still have plenty of time. It is only 7:15AM now.

I left about 8:00AM since I intended to go to the bank in Coffeyville. I got there in plenty of time and got my cash for the week. Then I went on out to the church to open the church. I didn't expect a large congregation this morning. One family was going to be gone on a cruise this week, my daughter and her husband were at work week at our campgrounds helping to finish putting the porch on the dining hall over there. The little grandgirls were on spring break and were in Topeka visiting their other grandparents.

I brought home plenty of coffeecake and took some of it to my neighbor, Alice. I will offer some to Nancy and eat some with my oatmeal tomorrow.

I have the newsletters out on my mailbox ready to be picked up tomorrow by the mailman.

I called Nancy and asked her if she wanted some of that coffeecake. She has had another  episode of diarrhea and has had it all afternoon. However she wants to have lunch one day this week when she is feeling better and she does want the coffeecake. 

I read most of the afternoon and watched recorded TV shows.  At 7:00PM, I took my bath and got ready for bed but didn't go to bed until shortly after 9:00PM. 

No comments: