Sunday, April 21, 2019

Sunday and Easter Sunday Church

I woke up about 6:00AM..late for me. I had my breakfast and coffee and Chai and finally did my dishes and came in here to catch up my blog. I have the coffeecake in the oven and the icing ready to mix. I have had the weather on the TV but have not taken the time to watch it. My hoarse voice is a little better today but still not normal.

I heard from Dean that he got home just fine...no bad weather. I enjoyed his company but he is in a lot worse shape then I am...health wise.  He has atrial fibrillation and a pacemaker. Also he has sleep apnia and uses a C pack at night. It's hard for me to realize how good my health is compared to others of my classmates. I feel blessed.

Leslie is speaking at church today. She is one of our three pastors. And this is Easter Sunday.   I don't know what she has in mind for Easter.

I will get back to this later. It's about time to get the coffeecake out of the oven.

o.k. the coffeecake is cooling so I can get back to this.  I have the icing mixed up too.

It's almost 8:00AM and I plan to leave at 8:30AM for the church. So I will need to get that coffee cake iced as soon as it's cool. I will give it 15 minutes.

I want to mow tomorrow if it's nice enough. Hopefully I will get the front and the back done. I plan to go to Chanute on Tuesday to meet Gay at Opie's. She has planned to take me to a new restaurant where we can get a very good hamburger. We usually eat at Opie's but this is a change. I am always good for a change. Maybe I can finish the side yard Tuesday afternoon.

Then Wednesday I go to Coffeyville to get my hair done. I will get any additional shopping done there as well as go to the bank.

I had a nice visit with Alice, my neighbor, yesterday afternoon. She plans to move into a house she has bought in Edna where the rest of her relatives live. But her move isn't until the middle of July. She is a good quiet neighbor. She gives me the Bartlesville paper and I give her the Independence paper. She was born and raised in Independence and I lived 16 years in Bartlesville. She also gives me the Chronicle and I take that to Bob. He is no longer online.

More.... later in the day. I had better ice that coffeecake.

We had a large attendance this morning for Easter service. It went well. 

Well, I didn't get anything I intended to get at the Independence Walmart store after church after all. The wind was blowing way too hard for me to get out in it with this sinus infection.  I will try to get what I need early Wednesday morning before my hair appointment at 10:00AM ...if the wind has died down by then.

I did get a nice pizza lunch at Railroad Inn though. John and Leslie bought my lunch. Rick and Carmen and Ramon ate with us there. I drove into the Walmart parking lot and located the twelve inch squares but the wind was blowing hard so I just drove right back out. I want to get over this sinus mess as soon as possible.Then I just drove on back to Caney and into the garage..away from all that wind.

More later...

I called Nancy earlier this afternoon. She still is feeling bad. She aches all over. It comes and goes. She thinks she needs to go to a doctor and learn what the problem is. It could be arthritis, I guess.  I told her I had brought home some coffeecake for her. She said if she was up to it, she would come over tomorrow and pick it up. I took a piece over to Alice, my neighbor. She always appreciates it.

If the wind dies down, I will mow the front and the back of my yard tomorrow.  I will try to do the side yard after I get home from Chanute on Tuesday....if the wind dies down. With this sinus problem I will not do it if the wind is still blowing. I have stayed in all afternoon.  I watched a recorded TV show this afternoon and then watched 60 Minutes this evening before I took my bath. 

I have had my bath now and will go to bed about 9:00PM.

No comments: