Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Wednesday and Hair Day and Game Day at the Senior Center

I slept very well last night after going to bed at 9:00PM. I slept through until 5:00AM. I have dressed, had my breakfast and Chai and Cappuccino.  I have watched the weather too.

I texted Rick this morning to see if Carmen had a sleeping bag. She didn't.. so I will take both of mine. I also told Rick she would need clothes for two days and that the registration covered lodging and food for Friday evening and the weekend. I think she will have a good time. She is lonely for friends and probably feels isolated here with no other family here but Rick.  Their boys both live in Alabama.

Karan will drive this time because my little car is too small for three people's bags plus sleeping bags. I will leave it at Karan's. We will leave at 2:30PM on Friday.

This morning I printed off my list of what all to take with me.

Today, I will go to my 9:00AM hair appointment and then mess around town until lunch time. I will also need a treat to take to game day. And maybe I will visit Marilyn. After lunch, I will go to game day at the senior center. It will be a full day.  I need to leave about 8:20AM to go to the bank first and then be on time for my hair appointment.

More later...

I went over to Coffeyville in time to go to the bank and also get my hair done. Then I went out to Walmart there and bought a few groceries. Then I met Karan for lunch and  after lunch we went to game day at the senior center.

We played Skip Bo until 4:00PM and then I went out to Woodshed and filled up with gas and got my car washed before leaving town. I got home and unloaded my groceries and picked up my mail.  I had a "thank you"card from Dean for my hospitality and my two newspapers.

I will go back to Coffeyville on Friday to leave my car at Karan's before we leave for the campgrounds but first I will have the $2.00 lunch at the senior center.

Nancy dropped over again this afternoon late. David had called her again and visited with her. She told me about that and also about Sandy having a meeting and deciding to save their church. Several people who had not been to their church in ages came to the meeting last night. Sandy had the meeting well organized and with an agenda and covered the meeting well. She is going to get a new tax number and look for another pastor to lead the worship service.  She is determined to salvage their church. I gave Nancy a copy of my "Church Briefs" that I have put in the Journal and the write up I have in the Reporter and Chronicle. I thought after they found another pastor, they could write up a story about it and announce they were not closing after all. Maybe they can salvage their church that way.

After she left, I watched the "Dateline" program I had recorded today and then about 7:15PM, I took my bath and looked over my notes for the class this weekend.

I saw on Scott's facebook page that the builder is putting the roof on their new home. It coming along!

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

Tomorrow, I will clean the apartment and do my laundry.

Friday morning, I will pack and about 10:00AM, drive over to Coffeyville to have an 11:00AM lunch at the senior center.  Then I will take my car out to Karan's at 2:00PM and she and I will go pick up Carmen at 2:30PM and make our trip to the Joplin area to Racine/Seneca, where our campground is located... for the weekend of a Women's Retreat.

About 9:00PM, I went on to bed.

No comments: