Saturday, May 4, 2019

Saturday and the Cherry Blossom Festival

I slept well again last night. I have dressed and had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now.

I hope today will be sunny. I have planned to go over to Cherryvale to the Cherry Blossom Festival. You can just never tell about the weather anymore...even when they forecast it, sometimes they miss it by a mile. I hope Nancy is well today. I called her yesterday to ask her to go to Coffeyville to get our flowers and once again, she had been up and down all night and morning with diarrhea.

I was going to ask her to go to the festival with me today. I was thinking about going about 10:00AM. I will have to wait to see what the weather is like by then and also how Nancy is feeling today.

I am so glad I got my flowers in yesterday. My hair got damp as I was planting flowers but it will be alright until next Wednesday. I combed at it after it dried.  The flowers seem to be doing fine this morning. I imagine the rain was good for them. Also, later in the evening, I did see the little hummingbird back at the feeder so I guess it didn't give up on me.

More later.. I want to go watch the news.

I watched the news and then tried to call Nancy. She didn't answer. She was either still in bed or sick again and in the bathroom. Whatever the problem, I knew she was not ready to go anywhere. So I drove over to Cherryvale myself....big mistake!! I spent the entire time trying to stay out of the mud. Most vendors didn't even bother to come.  They were the wise ones. It was a waste of time.  Anyhow, it was sunshiny and it got me out of the house again. I got back about 11:15AM. I may go down the Lowe's in Bartlesville. I still need to get one of those wire racks that hold the grass bag for the mower so you can empty it easier.

I just called Nancy and she is fine today. I asked her if she wanted to go to Bartlesville with me and eat at the Copan Truck Stop on the way. She could get her flowers at Lowe's too. She wants to go but needs about 25 minutes to get ready.  I will pick her up at 11:45AM then.

I will get gas while I am down there too.  I am down to just a little above a quarter tank now.

We went to the Copan Truck Stop Cafe for lunch and had the taco salad.  I picked up the ticket and stood in line to pay it. A young man just ahead of me in line took my ticket and paid for our lunches. I thought that was so nice! We both thanked him profusely.

Afterward we went to Lowe's where I wanted to buy one of those wire racks that we can put our big black yard plastic bags and empty the contents of the lawn mower bag. But they did not order any this year. So I could not find one. Nancy, on the other hand bought two lovely plants for her front porch. We had a good time! She is good company. She wanted to see my flowerbed so we stopped at my apartment so she could see it. My petunias were a little beat down by last evening's rain but I think they will come out of it.

Then I took her home.

I came home and read the papers. I will watch Amazon Prime this evening. I should have some recorded shows now.

In the morning, I will need to make my coffeecake to take to the Church School class.

It's 4:30PM now so I will go watch the news. Then later, I will take my bath at 7:00PM and watch the Amazon Prime TV.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual.



No comments: