Friday, July 26, 2019

Friday and Some Housework

I slept well until 2:00AM when I awoke to go to the bathroom. Then I had trouble getting back to sleep. Finally I got up and took some melatonin and that helped. I slept until nearly 5:00AM.

I dressed and had my oatmeal and chai. Then chatted some with Bob A to see if he was doing alright. He was. Joanne's daughter is moving into Sycamore Landing today. I hope that will be a good move.

I will try to get some housework done today. I mostly read and watched TV yesterday...very unhealthy! I did deadhead my flower beds. That's about the only work I did. Today, I will dust, mop  and run the vacuum cleaner.

So more later...I had better get started.

Well, I got my floors washed and all the carpet vacuumed and also dusted everything. The place looks pretty neat. I haven't eaten lunch yet and it's 1:40PM.

I got hold of Suzanne and Steve, my landlords, about my toilet.  After it is flushed, the tank doesn't refill. I have been taking my plastic bathroom trash container and filling it with water to pour into the tank to flush. Suzanne is sending a plumber by to fix it this evening. 

Always something... but with a landlord, I am not responsible to have everything repaired myself.

More later...

The plumber came about 3:30PM and had it fixed in about 5 minutes. He said there was a lot of dirt in Caney water and that dirt builds up in the part that needs to be clear. So he just changed it out. Now I know I will drink bottled water.

It's almost 4:00PM now.

I heard from Dean, my classmate from 1953, this afternoon. He will come sometime after August 13th when school starts in Topeka. I have a dental appointment on the 13th so he will come sometime after that.We will go to Bartlesville and eat out and then on to Woolaroc. Dean hasn't been there since he was 6 years old and he didn't appreciate it then. He wants to see if it is something he will be impressed with now at 83. So we will go out there. Bob and I took Ashley out there when she stayed with us when she was in high school.

It's almost 5:00PM now so I will go watch the news for awhile. At 7:00PM, I will take my bath  and at 9:00PM, I will go to bed.

No comments: