Monday, July 22, 2019

Monday and Rain

Thunder woke me up last night and then I heard the rain. That cooled everything off. It's supposed to be just in the 80's this week. That will be a welcome relief after a week or so of the high 90's. I slept well until 4:45AM and then just got up. If it's cool enough tomorrow morning, I will mow. I get my hair done tomorrow afternoon around 3:00PM.

Then on Wednesday we three (Karan, Phyllis and me) are looking forward to the dinner theater at Overland Park. It's 22 miles from here to Independence where we meet the bus at ICC west so I will leave shortly before 7:00AM Wednesday morning. Sherry will start loading the bus at 7:25AM.

I saw the three cats (mama and three kittens) again this morning. They were eating from the dish out front as usual. John told me yesterday that I was creating a problem by feeding these feral cats. l hate to just let the little critters starve but I can't catch them. They are very skittery. The mama cat hisses and spits at me and usually growls too if I even get near her. The kittens just run away. They are all terrified....but hungry. When I moved here, mama cat was skin and bones. That's why I started feeding her. Then in June, she had those five kittens. Even if I could catch them I don't know what I would do with them. There is no pound or shelter here that I am aware of and certainly no animal catcher.

More later....

I received the book I bought for Nancy on Amazon so I took her that, some coffeecake and a book package to send the book to David, her son. She has been sick to her stomach for three days. I also took her some Pepto Bismo.

She needs to see a doctor but she resists that suggestion. I think she is in denial.

I went out and mowed the front and the back and a part of the west side this afternoon. It was hot but there was a breeze and I will finish the west side tomorrow morning about 8:00AM before I go to Coffeyville to have my hair done. Toni called this afternoon and moved my appointment up to 9:00AM.

 Image may contain: grass, tree, outdoor and nature

This is the front.

Image may contain: grass, house, outdoor and nature

And this is the back. I may need to buy a sprinkler for August. I guess it depends on how much rain we get in August.

I checked on feral cat rescues in Kansas and they are all in the city.. ..Wichita and Kansas City mostly.

The big yellow male that is the father of the yellow kitten, was here eating the food in the owl. He belongs to the people at the house on the corner of Spring and 8th.

So, I will just continue feeding them.  I can't catch them or I would put some gloves on and try to catch the mama cat and have her neutered.

It's 6:00PM now and I will take my bath about 7:00PM which is my usual bath time. Then I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.


2 comments:

Plain Jane said...

A lot of states will have a feral cat rescue, go to Google and just type in feral cat rescue-whatever your state is.
In my area, they will come out & set up a live trap and then take the cats away for vetting, usually, they will return them spayed, neutered and vaccinated because they live in colonies.

Margie's Musings said...

I will check that out, Jane.