Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday and the Sermon

I slept well last night although it took melatonin to get to sleep for some reason. Probably spent too much time on TV and online yesterday. Also I read in my Kindle and all of those emit the yellow light that destroys melatonin.  I didn't wear my blue lens glasses while doing that.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and have the coffeecake in the oven baking. 

This morning the mama cat and three of her kittens were eating the cat food I left last night. She had the usual two gray kittens and also the small yellow one out there this morning.  The large yellow tom cat was also out there. I had filled both sides of the bowl so for once they had enough food for everyone. The four of them did finish off all that cat food though. So  I went out and refilled both bowls.They have a separate big bowl for their water.  I see the mama cat is lying in the dirt behind my hedge now. It must be cooler there.

Except for her and one kitten,. they are all gone now so I will go out to cover the bowl to keep the snails and the ants out of it. I will wait until she is gone or she will leave. This is a very dark photo but if I had been any closer she and the kittens would have left. They are very skittery. The tom cat was out there but she chased his off so the kittens could eat. The little yellow kitten that looks like him went off with him. The other two gray kittens and the mamma cat finished off the food. I re-filled the dish on both sides twice and then I did go cover the bowls with cardboard to keep the snails and ants out of it.

 No photo description available.

This is the same photo only cropped. My son-in-law, John, showed me how to crop them.

Today is supposed to be very hot again but its supposed to cool off this evening and tomorrow it should be cooler...and the rest of the week.

I need to go check my coffeecake so more later.....

The coffeecake is out of the oven and cooling now. When it is cool I will ice it.  So, more later....

This was taken on my son, Keith's, morning walk. He is in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan in Asia. It's beautiful, isn't it?





Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

The sermon went fine. Several people told me that, at least.

After church eight of us went out to eat at the Railroad Inn in Independence. Nice meal but pretty expensive. I do, however, have enough for another meal so that makes it easier to handle.

Then I came home and did the newsletters for the congregation! I sent off five in snail mail.

It's 3:45PM and already 93 degrees. It is suppose to rain tonight and that is suppose to cool it off. I hope that happens. I plan to mow early Tuesday morning before I get my hair done in the afternoon at 3:00PM. So I hope it will be cool enough to do that. Phyllis and Karan and I are going to the dinner theater in the afternoon early Wednesday morning on that tour bus with Sherry Epp.

More later...

I read the rest of the afternoon and also watched some episodes of Amazon Prime and 60 Minutes before taking my bath at 7:00PM and then going on to bed  at 9:00PM

No comments: