Sunday, July 7, 2019

Sunday and Probable Rain

I slept well last night and it doesn't appear it rained here last night. We do have a 40% chance of rain here today though.  In a little while, I will text Leslie and find out if they got rain or are expecting rain today. I really don't want to try to drive in the rain. ...especially on the interstate.

I have dressed, eaten and fed the cats and am now enjoying my Chai.

I see California has had a 7.1 quake now. Between the wildfires and the earthquakes and the terrible high rent, you couldn't give me California as a precious gift. I'll take my chances with tornadoes. They are a lot more rare and localized.

I will wait another hour before texting Leslie to find out what their weather is to be like today.

More later....

Leslie just texted me that it is not raining at the reunion grounds and it is clear there. So if all is well with no rain at 9:00AM, I will drive on over there.

More later...

I just contacted Karan and she is going with me so I will pick her up at 9:20 or so.

We drove over to the campgrounds visiting all the way. We saw a lot of folks we only see at camp or conference. It was a long service and they served communion and then we had lunch.  After lunch we stayed until 2:00PM or so and visited with some of them and then drove on back home. I saw Nolan Scarberry again with Deryl. We never did encounter any rain.

I was pretty tired when I got home. But I sent out an e-mail about Elnora's services. Then I opened an e-mail from one of my classmates and sent it on to all the online classmates. So I have been busy ever since I got home. It's now 5:10PM and I still have to get away from the computer and go watch the news and eat some yogurt.

More later...

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and got ready for bed.  It's been a long day. I will try to stay up until 9:00PM. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I want to mow my west yard.


No comments: