Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sunday and Church

I got up earlier this morning too but I just couldn't sleep any longer. I dressed, fed myself and the mama cat, and watched the news about the slow moving hurricane. Then I mixed up the coffeecake to take to church. It's in the oven now.  When it's out and cooled, I will ice and cover it.

The young man who lives next door is here this weekend.  I don't know whether his wife and baby are here or not. I haven't heard any crying baby so perhaps the two of them are still in Mercy at Joplin. His truck pulled in last evening with a mattress strapped to the roof. There was another vehicle too. That was about the time I went to bed.

I don't know where we will eat after church. I usually consult Phyllis and if Bob goes with us, I also consult with him. We either go to Great China or Just Us, the buffet in Cherryvale.

More later...

The coffeecake is baked and out of the oven and cooled and iced. I will leave for church about 8:30AM.

More even later .....

I got to church and shared the coffeecake with the Church School class. What was left I sent home with John. Phyllis and I went to Independence to Great China for lunch and I brought home half of mine for another meal and so did Phyllis. The rest of the congregation, those that eat out, went to El Pueblo for lunch. I am not wild about Mexican food and rarely eat it.

When I got back home I got my newsletters out. They are out on the mailbox for the mailman to pick up tomorrow.

The mama cat has come over and eaten the cat food. I refilled the bowl. I haven't seen the kittens lately...except for the two she sometimes has with her.

I contacted Cox Complete Care about the freezing up of the desktop computer and they said they had done everything they possibly could do for it. They said it was just an old computer and the life of a computer is usually about three years. I believe this computer is a 2007....although I am not sure since Esther and Keith gave it to me. It was Esther's desktop computer.  It hasn't helped that Windows 10 has been downloaded on it and then updated from time to time.  Windows 10 has crashed two of my computers. It is just a disaster to an older computer. Microsoft has downloaded Windows 10 in the night in the past without my permission.

More later....

My eldest son is in  Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.  This is some of the view on the way to his hotel.


Image may contain: car and outdoor



Image may contain: sky and outdoor

More later.....

I was finally able to reach Nancy this afternoon. Her phone is on again/ off again.  it probably needs a battery. Several people have tried to call her this weekend and could not reach her. ...including me. Some of her church members tried to call her to tell her about a church board meeting they were having but she could not be reached. When I finally reached her, she wanted me to come over to visit. So I went over to her house for a couple of hours. She really encouraged me to stay even longer but I needed to get home, take my bath around 7:00PM and watch the recorded program of 60 Minutes before I went to bed at 9:00PM. We plan to get together for brunch on Friday.

I have a 10:00AM appointment with Dr. Eslicker in Bartlesville tomorrow. I want to give blood Tuesday at Coffeyville. Wednesday I have a 10:00AM hair appointment in Coffeyville and a dental appointment with Dr. Eastep in Cherryvale at 1:00PM. I will clean the apartment on Thursday and do my laundry. And Friday after Nancy's hair appointment, we will go down to Copan to have brunch. It will be a busy week.

But now it is 9:00PM and I will go on to bed!

No comments: