Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sunday and Another Poor Night's Sleep

I slept poorly last night. I first woke up at 12:30PM and then it was off and on the rest of the night. I finally got up a little after 4:00AM.

I dressed and got ready for the day. In a little while I will start my coffee cake. I have had my oatmeal and coffee and chai and fed the cats too. The little gray one was waiting for me to open the door and fill the dishes when I opened the door at 5:00AM. Soon the large yellow Tom cat showed up too but this time he behaved himself. I guess he wasn't interested in having an old woman manning a broom after him. I guess I'd better get that coffee cake going. It's 6:00AM now. I have my cake for the Christian Church in my freezer and I will take it to church too and put it in the freezer there for Bob to pick up on Tuesday.

More later...

O.K. The coffeecake is in the oven baking and I have started the glaze I put on it for an icing.

I have added cat food to their bowls again. They had pretty much eaten all of the original food I had put in there. As soon as I moved away from the door, the little gray kitten came back to eat more.I don't know whether the Tom cat will be back or not.  No, the gray kitten is gone now and the small yellow kitten is eating now. The Tom is gone too. This is the kitten he was fighting yesterday when I took out after them with the broom. One went one direction the the other went in the opposite direction.

More later..

I left at 8:30AM to get to church. I got there at 9:00AM and cut the coffee cake and swept up the bugs and emptied the trash in the bathrooms.  I put the cake in the freezer.

Nancy called me and was quite disturbed. She said she felt terrible and was very sick and asked me to take her to the hospital. I told her I was at church miles away in Coffeyville and suggested she call Sara who lives on her block.

After church Phyllis and Bob and I went to "Just Us" for lunch. The Simmons' met us there and ate lunch with us.

Afterward, I came on back home and worked on the newsletters and got three of them in the mail box with the flag up..

About 3:30PM or so Suzanne came to change out three light bulbs for me. One was in the foyer, one was in the den. (That one still didn't work after a new bulb was put in.) Suzanne is going to have the electrician take a look at it.  The third one was the garage door light that comes on when the garage door goes up.  She sprayed WD-40 on the track to make it move smoother. It is 4:45PM now and I sure have not got much done today.

 I tried to call Nancy this evening. No one answered. I called Sara and she had not heard from Nancy and suggested I call Dale, her cousin. I did that and he went by to see her. She had not been taking her meds and had run out of them. He gave her a pill for nausea. He thought she was better after that.

Sara told me David and his wife are coming Thanksgiving. Nancy was mixed up.

It's a little after 5:30PM now and I guess I'll go wait for 60 Minutes to come on TV. 60 Minutes was 30 minutes late thanks to a football game. After I watched it, I took my bath and dressed my toe again. I am trying to kill about 45 minutes before I go to bed. I hope I sleep better tonight.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Astrid now has 3 female Corgis. This was her first selling experience.
She stressed over it. So it will be at least a year before she will try it again.
We have the male Corgi.

Margie's Musings said...

I see. Leslie, my daughter and her husband, John, have registered Corgis from Raven and also "cowboy Corgis"...their male Corgi named Hoover mated with a Blue Heeler. They sell too. They have little longer legs. They had seven Corgi pups and five Cowboy Corgis this summer. So far four have been delivered. They are seven weeks old. They have four more sold and to be delivered next weekend. They love it. They built a kennel this summer to keep the families apart.