Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Tuesday and a Great Night's Sleep

I slept very well last night. I only woke up once and then I got right back to sleep until 5:30AM. Slept like a rock!  Great for a change!

I have got myself ready for the day and fed myself and the one little gray kitten that is usually waiting for me to come add the cat food to the bowls. Then she/he digs right in.

I need to get my trash container out to the curb before too long. That's about all I have to do today. It's supposed to be rain changing to snow tomorrow....in October...what next? Weird weather for October!

I don't know whether I will go to Coffeyville tomorrow or not. I do have my hair appointment and I need to pick up a book at the Coffeyville library too. They notified me yesterday that it was in.

Mama cat is out there eating now. It is very cold out there so they are slow coming over. It's 37 degrees out there. Poor little cats! 

More later...It's only 6:32AM.

I watched the CBS news until 10:00AM and then read awhile. At 11:30, I cooked some Chicken and Cheese Taquitoes  for my lunch.. That, and some hot tea seemed to be enough for awhile. I did have an ice cream bar for dessert though.

Michael Estes, my mailman, just went by on State. He will be back shortly with any mail I get. It will probably just be my Reporter newspaper. Michael went to school with Keith...if I recall correctly. Here he is now. I will go check the mail. It's 12:00 noon. Be back soon.

I got the Reporter and some junk mail besides a dun from AARP for my membership.I sent them a check.

Tomorrow my Atmos gas bill is due. It is not much yet this month. Just $45.80. Next month will be a different story though.

More later....

I went over to the Caney Library this afternoon. I wondered if they had the new book by John Grisham called "The Guardians". They didn't, but they had some CDs  of it on audio that they had just received. I checked those out. I just like to read a book myself instead of listening to it being read to me.  I will be going over to Coffeyville tomorrow to get my hair done and perhaps go to breakfast with Bob. I will check if the library there saved the book for me. They contacted me yesterday to say I was next in line for it. They have three copies. One is back and I was next on the list. I told them I would be over on Wednesday.

It's very chilly today. I have the furnace turned up to 74 today and I am still chilly.

I went over to our garage here during the lunch hour and asked the man there to check my tires. The icon on the dash said I had low tires. That always happens in winter. I usually check them myself and stop at a Casey's and fill them up myself but I just wasn't up to it today. I guess it was too chilly for me to want to do that. They seemed glad to do it for me though. I was glad to let them. They seemed quite nice.

I listened to the book through the first CD. There are a lot of them in the holder.

It is 4:17PM now and I am going to put a sweater on. I talked to Nancy awhile ago and she wants to go to lunch on Thursday. I thought we might go down to Copan to the truck stop. I told her I would call her Thursday before noon and ask her how she felt. You never know about Nancy, because half the time she is sick to her stomach or has diarrhea. And she won't go to a doctor.

Right now I need to get a sweater on. More later...

I watched an episode of "Murder She Wrote" but it's only 8:00PM now and if I go to bed that early, I won't sleep well at all. So I am playing some solitaire for awhile. There's really nothing I am interested in on TV on Tuesday evenings. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain and later that evening, it is supposed to snow. I need to get my hair done tomorrow morning and go to the market and also the library in Coffeyville. I may have to get gas too. I have at least a half a tank..perhaps even more.  It will depend on the weather. 

No comments: