Thursday, October 31, 2019

Thursday and Rent Day Tomorrow

The rent is due tomorrow and since I don't get my social security until the 13th of November, I transferred some money from my savings so I could pay it on time.

I got up pretty early. I woke up the first time at 2:00AM and finally got back to sleep until 3:30AM when I just got up. I had several things on my mind. I need to get the church brief in to the Journal and also get Leann's birthday card ready to be sent off today. Her birthday is the 3rd of November. I also wrote the rent check and got it ready to put out for Suzanne.

I rebooted this desktop computer...it gets slower and slower and sometimes rebooting it helps. Funny, the laptop is running Windows 7 and it is just fine.The problem with this one is that it is running Windows 10 and it doesn't have the capacity to handle it. But Microsoft didn't ask me if I wanted Windows 10, it just downloaded it one night. The computer has been struggling ever since.  Cox tells me it has been nothing but trouble for them.

More later...I had better check out the cat food.

I fed the cats and later started the chili.

I got hold of Atmos Energy about my bill.  I never got one this month. They said I had $23.57 that was past due. I just paid one for over $43.00 on the 30th of October. I don't think they know what they're doing.  They have just merged with another company. They had my e-mail address wrong for one thing. I scheduled the $23.57 for tomorrow. Hopefully I am paid up now.

Nancy called to be sure she was to come at noon. I assured her she was. I made up the chili and later at noon, Nancy showed up. She really seemed to enjoy the chili and I sent some home with her.  I have freetos to put into it and also some sharp cheddar cheese.I kept enough for another bowl myself. We had a nice visit and the about 2:00PM, she left.  She was concerned about her friend Judy who fell. Judy is in the Bartlesville hospital for surgery. She broke some bones in her fall.

I got another package returned through the mail.They didn't forward it to Richard Kerns and he is still in South Coffeyville. That's strange. They just returned it to me. It's almost 3:00PM now and cooking lunch is all I got done today.

Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday. It's always the first Sunday in November. I am speaking at church on that Sunday too.

Nancy and I really enjoyed the chili and the company too. I sent some of the leftover chili home with her. I kept enough for another lunch tomorrow.

After she left I worked on the desktop for awhile and then picked up my book. I read all afternoon and before I went to bed, I finished it. I actually couldn't  put it down.

I took my bath and went on to bed at 9:00PM. Very good book about the innocence project. Grisham believes there are thousands of innocent people in America's prisons. I am not surprised...

3 comments:

Annsterw said...

I have not seen 2AM since I do not know when!!!

Galla Creek said...

I woke at 3:30 and was awake for 2 hours. Now, I am tired today.

Margie's Musings said...

I know the feeling, Sister-Three.