Sunday, November 24, 2019

Sunday and Coffee cake

I got up about 5:00AM this morning and got myself ready for the day, ate my oatmeal and had my coffee and chai.  Then I saw two of the cats...the mama cat and one of her gray kittens were waiting for their breakfast. So I fed them too.  Later the yellow kitten came too. They have eaten now too.

I have the coffee cake in the oven and when it is finished baking I will cool it and then ice it with a glaze. I do that every Sunday mainly for my two great grandchildren. They are always disappointed when I don't have it.

More later...

The coffeecake is finished and cooled and iced and I am ready to leave for church at 8:00AM. It is only 7:00AM now so I have some time. I am doing a load of laundry so I even have some time to get it into the dryer.

So more even later... 

At 8:30AM I left for church and took the Reader's Digest for Bob and the coffeecake for the church school class.  We had a guest show up for church school class. He is seen walking around Coffeyville all the time. He has some limited abilities. He contacted Leslie for a ride but she was called out on a case. She was on call this weekend. So she called Kelly and Melissa to pick him up at Coffeyville and bring him to church. The folks at church school welcomed him and he sat in on the class without saying much.  He seemed to enjoy Vivian's sermon in the 11:00AM hour.

After church Kelly and Melissa took him home to Coffeyville. Seven of us went over to "Just Us" for lunch. I called Kay and made a reservation for us. Kelly had forgotten his coffee cake so Leslie took it. They can argue about that. :)

When I got back home I did the congregational newsletters and got them out on the mailbox.

I watched TV later to watch 60 Minutes and after that, I took my bath and went to bed shortly before 9:00PM. I was very tired.

No comments: