Friday, May 1, 2020

Friday and Grocery Shopping

I slept fairly well last night and got up shortly after 5:00AM and by the time I dressed and ate my breakfast the yellow cats were waiting for theirs. I haven't seen any gray ones yet.

I will clean the apartment today and then go to Independence to shop for my groceries for the week. On Monday Kansas will be opening for business. It will be interesting to see what that will entail. The governor says each county will decide for themselves. Their emergency managers will help make that decision. I hope opening early, before the bulk of the pandemic is over, like Georgia, won't be a mistake.

After finishing the book "The Great Influenza" I wrote a story for the Coffeyville Journal about the similarities of that pandemic and the one we are having right now. Whether they will use it or not depends on the owners of the newspaper. Jennifer, the editor, wants to use it. In the 1918 pandemic, the newspapers were warned against printing anything about that one to prevent general panic...any worse then there was already was.  I look for a second wave later in the fall. That was the way of the great influenza in 1918-1920. I hope I am wrong.

More later...

I got both floors mopped and the hall, bedroom and living room  vacuumed. Tomorrow I will vacuum the den and dining room. I use my left arm to run the vacuum and just hold the cord with my sore right arm, Still I am dividing the vacuuming between two days anymore.  I have plenty of time  and no one but myself to please.

I had better bring in the cat food. The birds are having a feast. Three or four cats have already been here anyhow. If another one or two come, I can always put it out there again.

More later...

It's a good thing  I didn't get the cat food in yet. One of the gray cats came to eat while I was vacuuming.  He/she is finished now and went across the street to the house without an outside door on their utility room. That's where they stay when they aren't over here eating.

So, more later...the CBS news is on now.

My daughter just called and asked me if I would like to drop by Big Cheese in Independence after I get my grocery shopping done and pick up a pizza. They deliver to the curb. Then I could bring it out to their house and have lunch with them and visit. I am delighted to do that. She is so busy... with not only her job but also her church responsibilities. She has a huge responsibility as our Mission Center financial officer... besides being our congregation's primary pastor and also financial officer. And her husband has his own business and she does the billing and book work for that too.  She is very well organized so that is a blessing. Then, of course, they breed and sell Corgi pups too. John, her husband, told me they have a new Corgi female.

After the news is over at 10:00AM I will go get my groceries and then pick up the pizza and drop by their place to share it.

So more later....

That's what I did. I left here shortly before10:00AM and went to the Walmart store in Independence. I bought my groceries and  then went up to Big Cheese to pick up the pizza. Then I took it out to the kids' house. There I saw their new Corgi puppy. They needed one in order to continue to raise Corgis. They will have to breed her to another male Corgi because Hoover is her grandfather. They can't use him.  The neighbor they bought the puppy from has a male that is not related to the puppy. They can use him when she is old enough.

I will post a photo of the new Corgi puppy. Her nickname is Kiki.

 Image may contain: one or more people

Isn't she cute?

I found a PBS Program about the 1918 Influenza pandemic and I watched it on Amazon Prime. It was very interesting.

More later...

Suzanne brought me three large bags of food this afternoon and I took what I could use and shared the rest of it with Pablo and Kylie, my next door neighbors. Pablo was happy to get it. Kylie is still at work. She works in Bartlesville for Hospice.

That will save me a trip to Coffeyville. 

I am watching the Channel 6 news now. At 5:30PM, the CBS news comes on and I will watch that before taking my bath at 7:00PM. Then I will probably go on to bed at 9:00PM.


5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Could you share your story here?

Margie's Musings said...

Most of the information is on the Wednesday blog.

Kay said...

Oh yay! Me too. I got 8 hours of sleep. I can hardly believe it. Haven’t gone shopping yet, but it will happen soon. Probably in another week or so. I’m so nervous.

Galla Creek said...

Love Kiki. I have amazon prime will look for the program.

Margie's Musings said...

It was very interesting, Sister-Three!