Friday, May 8, 2020

Friday and Windy and Damp

I slept pretty well last night. My arm wasn't near bad as usual. I didn't even have to put it on a pillow. In the middle of the night the toes on my right foot began aching. First I took the sock off and later got up and took a couple of Hyland pills for  leg cramps and in a little while I was able to get back to sleep.

I got up shortly after 5:00AM. I had my breakfast of oatmeal and juice and of course, coffee. Then I opened the front door to scruffy cat waiting for his/her breakfast. I had to take it out through the garage to keep him/her out of the apartment. Then one of the yellow cats came too and both of them finished their breakfast in record time and left.

I had to put my last left contact in my left eye this morning. The one I took out last night was torn.  I will have to find another optometrist as soon as this mess is over.  The right contact is holding up o.k.

I will do some cleaning today. I never did get to it yesterday. I don't know whether Suzanne will come this morning or not. She had planned to until she invited me for lunch on Sunday. I will just wait and see. I will start my cleaning after awhile and if she comes, I will interrupt it. I want to get the bare floors done today at least.

I just got settled down when mama cat came wanting her breakfast. I had to take it out through the garage and even then she rubbed against my legs all the way to the front door. She kept wanting me to set down the bowls so she could eat and even made me spill the double dish. I just left the mess until she is finished and gone and then I will go out and clean it up. Then when I started back to the garage door she left her food and rubbed against my legs all the way to the garage door. She finally came back around to the front to eat.

I came on back in then.  Now she has finished and gone. Maybe I can get that mess cleaned up now.

She left but when I went out to clean up that mess, she rushed back. She was determined to come in but after I got the mess cleaned up, with her rubbing against me all the time, I finally got her distracted enough to get back in but I had to push her away with my foot or she would have come in. She's out there eating more now. As long as she is there the birds will stay away at least..

More later...

I removed the sleeve around the flowers as instructed. and added the box of candy that came with them. Yum!  Neat little card too. Leslie and John sent those yesterday.

 Image may contain: flower, plant and nature

Aren't they beautiful and spring like?? (that candy is awfully good too.)

As soon as the CBS news is off, I will begin my cleaning with the bare floors,

I got both bare floors cleaned and next I will run the vacuum cleaner in the bedroom, living room and den. I might get to the dining room as well.

Right now I want to finish watching the CBS news.

I watched the CBS news and then had my lunch.  I went to the post office to mail a birthday card to Ashley. Her birthday is the 10th.

Then I came on back home and did a load of laundry....mostly underwear and towels. It's in the dryer now.  I also watered my baskets of flowers. One hangs on the hook out front and the other sets on a glass topped table on the patio, I hope the wind doesn't damage them. I watered both of them morning and evening,

Now I am planning on vacuuming. So, more later...

I got the living room, bedroom and hall vacuumed and am very tired.  I will try to get to the dining room and den tomorrow.

I was printing off some Daily Bread devotionals for those of our congregation without online computers and ran out of black ink and envelopes. I had to go buy some ink cartridges and some more envelopes. Hopefully that will hold me for awhile. I emptied the dryer too and put away the clothes and towels in there.

More later...

I took an old sheet and covered my flowerbed. We are forecast for a frost and I just spent almost $35.00 on  those flowers for my flowerbed.

I watched TV until 7:00PM  when I took my bath. Then I read my kindle book until 9:00PM when I went on to bed.

1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I wonder if Mama Cat used to be an inside cat and was abandoned. She is showing you the only way she knows how that she appreciates the care you give her. Too bad she doesn't know that she could trip you.