Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Tuesday and No Storm

The weather forecasters are having a terrible time forecasting our weather. We were supposed to get a terrible storm yesterday complete with hail.  It went north, south, and east of us and we never even had any rain...let alone hail. It was a beautiful day here!

When I opened the door this morning I had four cats waiting for their breakfast There were three yellow cats and one scruffy gray cat. I took out three bowls   initially but later added another one. They all ate quickly and left.

I had my oatmeal and coffee and will soon fix my Chai Latte.

Scott called this morning on his way to work. They had a terrible storm in Gallatin..near Nashville...where they live. They even lost their electricity thanks to a neighbor's tree that fell on the road, blocking it, and also across the power lines. They had to use another elderly neighbor's pasture road to get out to go to work. Ginger is teaching a reality class now and has to go in to the college. Scott is supervisor over security and has to go in too.

I will putter today and get the dusting done and finally vacuum the dining room. Krystal's daughter will mow tomorrow afternoon. I will need to get some money to pay for the mowing.

My next door neighbor here in the duplex took down a tree in his back yard yesterday. It was full of web worms and the branches were too low to mow under.  He and a friend worked all afternoon on that project. My neighbor to the south is putting new siding on his house and that is a vast improvement. I wish my neighbor across the street to the north would do something with his. It's a mess.

More later....

Mama cat showed up for food and tried to come in the apartment as I tried to go out with the food. I had to really push her away to keep her outside. She was very excited to have two bowls of food...one of them the double sided dish. She couldn't decide which to eat from. She ran from one to the other. She always eats facing the street, tail against the door, so she can see if any other cat is going to challenge her for the food. She is eating as though she hasn't eaten in days.

 No photo description available.

Mama cat would like to come in.

More later...

Image may contain: cat

She is determined to come in. It won't happen.

I went to the bank to get some cash and while I was out, I washed my car.It needed it. There were lots of bugs on it.. I went by Dollar General and bought more cat food too.

Suzanne called. She will pick up produce for me tomorrow between 3:00PM and 6:00PM. I will keep what I can use and offer the rest to Pablo, my neighbor.

I pulled the mower out and gassed it up and swept it off and also put the clipping bag out on the drive and the trash container too. This week I will have to trim. I didn't trim last week. It didn't need it. It does this week.

More later...

One of the girls came and mowed this afternoon  and she did a good job. Her mom came with her. I changed the mowing day to today since it had not rained last night. 

Some of the cats came for an early dinner this evening Two yellows and one gray.

I read the rest of the afternoon until the news came on It's 8:10PM now and I just finished watching John Hamer's study of Exodus. He did a good job. John is pastor of the Toronto Canada Community of Christ congregation. He and Michael were the financial officers of the Restoration Studies Workshops I used to attend in Independence Missouri several years back..

Now I will go watch some TV until 9:00PM when I will go to bed. I had my bath earlier.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Our hurricane season starts in June. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll be able to dodge it this year. We don’t need another thing to worry about.

Margie's Musings said...

That's for sure, Kay. I pray it will not happen.