Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning

I slept fairly well last night but when I woke up at 5:00AM, my arm was terribly sore. I got up and made the bed and got myself ready for the day. When I fixed my oatmeal and coffee I opened the front door to find two yellow cats...neither was Big Tom. I set out three bowls of food for them figuring one of the gray cats or Big Yellow Tom would come along but instead the birds started gathering. I will bring the food back in until another cat comes to eat..

I will need to get milk today. I barely had enough for my oatmeal.

I will try to vacuum today. It depends on how sore my arm is. I trimmed yesterday evening and I think that is what made it sore last night. Of course, I usually vacuum with my left arm and just hold the cord with my right arm.

I will play it by ear.

More later...

I have watered both plants and will need to water the flower bed unless the rain comes as predicted.  I am not too confident of the weather forecasts anymore. They seem to miss as often as they hit the forecast.

I think I have one more Kindle book to read. And then I am not sure what I will do. The library will open Monday but only for curbside service.  I always have to browse the shelves to learn what I want to read so I may just have to just continue ordering from Amazon for reading material.

As soon as Dollar General opens I will need to go buy some milk and cranberry grape juice.

I finally got my Montgomery County Chronicle  this morning. I had to remind them to send it though.

More later...

 Image may contain: plant, flower and indoor

I got this lovely bouquet from Leslie and John for Mother's Day.! Thank you kids for that beautiful bouquet! I am to leave that sleeve on it for 12 hours.

I had thought I might pick up an  Amish Pie and take it out to Leslie and John's Sunday for a dessert but she reminded me she is on call this weekend. I had forgotten.

Suzanne ,my landlady, is coming by tomorrow and we will go out to Sonic and have a drink and visit. I sent her a photo of the flowers Leslie and John sent me for Mother's Day. She asked me if I would be going to their place for dinner on Sunday and I told her Leslie was on call on Sunday so I just suggested I come out with a pie and we have dessert.  But when she is on call, she never knows when she will be called out. So that would not be possible. I told her I would be fine.

She called me back and asked me to join them for dinner on Sunday. I told her she would have her family and I would be fine. But she insisted. She even said she was going to Bartlesville to pick up ribs at 11:00AM and she would pick me up. I offered to bring a pie or two and she said I should just come myself. How sweet of her! She was so sincere that I finally agreed.

They found that little two year old boy.... finally..and alive. He had wandered off yesterday and was two miles away from his home. He was gone all night and dozens of police and people were looking for him...even a helicopter. Two men on horseback..a man and his son, found him wandering around two miles away from his home in some timber. He had nothing on but a diaper and was cold but otherwise just fine. That was some happy family!!

I was so afraid someone had seen him out there in just a diaper alone in his front yard and had picked him up and taken him... but he evidently just wandered off. He was otherwise fine.  That mother needs to keep an eye on her two year old.

More later..the news is on..

The little scruffy gray cat came for dinner...rain or no rain. I set the dish up next to the door out of the rain. He/she is eating now and staying dry. Little scruffy gray didn't like the thunder and ran off to find shelter but the small yellow cat is out there eating now.  It's really starting to rain now so she/he left to find shelter too.

It's time for CBS news now at 5:30PM so I will get back to this later...we are under storm warnings until 6:30PM.

Trump's personal valet has contacted the virus.  Trump may have to be guaranteed for awhile.

More later...

I went to take my bath at 7:00PM and afterward put my robe on and came in to watch "The Big Bang Theory" and there was mama cat wanting to be fed. As usual, when I opened the door she was about to come in so I opened the garage door instead. This time I didn't fool her though. I made it out the front door just as she came running back.I got the door closed just in time. Then when I was going to come back in, I had to go back through the garage. She walked me all the way to the garage before going back to eat. And she rubbed against my legs all the way to the garage. Now she ate and is gone and one of the yellow cats is eating from her bowl now.  I think it is Big Yellow Tom.

After this is over I will stay up and read until 9:00PM, when I will go on to bed.

No comments: