Monday, August 10, 2020

Monday and Laundry

I got up at 5:30 this morning after a bad night's sleep. I woke up after midnight with a very sore neck. I must have slept crooked or something. I finally got up and took an Aleve. Then I went back to bed and after a couple of hours I had leg cramps. I had a med for that too so I finally got up and took a couple of those. I finally slept until 5:30AM. When I got up and dressed I stripped my bed and remade it and started my laundry. I believe it's ready to go into the dryer now so I will get back to this in a minute.

Five cats came for their breakfast this morning. Scruffie and her two kittens and Big Yellow Tom and the adolescent yellow cat all came at once. They ate their fill and left. I will get the bowls in and then get the laundry in the dryer. I will need to get cat food today.

I got the laundry in the dryer and am watching the weather channel now. I also stopped and got a breakfast bar to eat with my coffee.

I don't have a plan for today except the laundry. I will water the outside plants and deadhead them in a little while.  I want to watch "the weather on the 8s" for our forecast first.

I got the plants watered and deadheaded and I noticed we are forecast for  rain Wednesday and Thursday. This is Kansas so that may not happen.

More later....

I got the laundry folded and put away. Now I have nothing much planned.

One day this week, Lowe's will come to put my new flooring down the the kitchen, utility area, dining room and bathroom. The plumber will need to come to get the stool out of the bathroom and turn off the faucet to the washer. Lowe's is not allowed to do that. Lowe's can move all the furniture out of the dining room and the washer and dryer out of the utility area and frig and range out of the kitchen. Thank goodness! I have no idea how I would do that!

Suzanne, my landlady, just called. She is not all that happy with the flooring she chose and wants to cancel the order at Lowe's and look at Derailed Commodity where she can find what she really wants. I told her that was fine with me. I am in no hurry to have to deal with all the commotion of them moving all that furniture out and the plumber coming to take up the stool. She said it might be months or it might be weeks but she wants to get what she really wants down there. I am really relieved.

I just ordered some of Schwan's Chicken pot pies for Thursday's delivery. I think I just have one left in the box and I really like those. I have one at least once a week. Other then that, I get my frozen meals at Wal Mart.  I even have begun to get my ice cream bars at the Dollar General Store here in Caney. Schwan's are much too expensive. Consumer's Report says Healthy Choice is a very good brand to get and costs just a fraction of the cost of Schwan's.

More later...

I used the printer and noticed I was running out of ink. So I went up to Independence to the Walmart store and bought the three things I needed there and then bought the cat food and the ice cream bars at Dollar General here.

I wrote a check for the accrued interest on my old life insurance loan from back when we bought the double wide here in Caney and used the last check in my book  I thought I had one more book but it was from the Morgan Street address in Coffeyville. So I called and ordered more checks. Keith Rogers was supposed to have arranged that loan so the dividends would pay on the loan. That never happened. Then when Leslie was working for Prudential, we asked her to make that arrangement. For some reason, that didn't get done either. So every so often, probably once a year,  I get a notice from Prudential to make that payment. That notice came today and this time it was $48.89. Always something.

Anyhow, I should have my new checks in a week.

More later....

We had quite a bit of rain and wind and even some pea sized hail this morning.

My neighbor across the street had two large limbs fall off his tree and into the street during that storm. He left awhile ago and left those limbs out there in the street. I finally went out there and pulled them next to the curb over there. He is the one who parks one of his three pickups in his yard. That is so disgusting.

More later...

I watched some "Dr. G" , played some card game on the laptop until bedtime. I took my bath at 7:00PM and went to bed shortly after 9:00PM. I was going to watch "Bull" but just couldn't make it. I recorded it and maybe I will watch it tomorrow.

No comments: