Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Tuesday and Another Boring Day

I slept very well last night and was up at 5:00AM. I have had my coffee and oatmeal and am watching the weather channel waiting for the "weather on the 8s" to come on.

I fed five cats/kittens this morning. They were all hungry. Last night was a rainstorm so none of them came for supper. I think they are finished now and I will need to get the bowls back in the apartment.

I don't know what I will do today. Tomorrow I will get my hair done and perhaps take Bob to breakfast. Then I will get gas and come on back home. There are no games tomorrow. They are on the first and third Wednesday afternoons. Tomorrow is the second Wednesday.

I finally saw the weather on the 8s. It looks hopeful no more storms this week. I am so glad Lowe's are not coming this week. I was not looking forward to the mess.

John and Leslie are going to South Dakota for a conference this next weekend.  I am concerned about crowds that come from everywhere for conferences. That is very dangerous. I don't know whether everyone will be wearing face masks and keeping their distance all weekend. They are both at risk...John with his diabetes and Leslie with her history of Crohn's disease. I am concerned about their immune systems.

More later...

An hour ago I decided to try once again to talk to someone in customer service at Amazon. This was the 17th person in the past three weeks . Each one of them promised me they would get this settled so I can get back into my Amazon account and nothing has happened yet. This woman told me to wait 24 hours for an e-mail from Amazon and then try to log in again. I have been told this at least three times by various customer service people but it has yet to happen.  I have never got the e-mail. This morning I thought I would try once again to log into the account but was unsuccessful. Then I was locked out. That's when I thought I would try once again to get a customer service person that had some "follow through".

We will see. Tomorrow is Wednesday and I will be gone all morning. Maybe by afternoon they will let me into my account. I want to order a book.  This women seemed so sincere that I hope I can trust her to do what she said she would do. She said they had an entire file on my problem. I bet they do.

I went out and trimmed on my hedge again earlier. Darn thing grows fast. I have to trim on it every week.

I had one of my Healthy Choice frozen meals for my lunch at noon and an ice cream bar for my dessert. I will have a banana for supper.  That usually holds me until breakfast. It is 2:45PM now.

I may drop by Nancy's and see if she is up and around. Dale did sell her car. So she has no way to get around now except on foot. She won't go far that way.

More later...

I never got over to Nancy's but I did call her. The Food Basket texted me to ask if I could help sort food Thursday afternoon. We will wear face masks to do the work. It will be all inside work.  I will pick her up shortly before 2:00PM on Thursday. That will give us something to do that is a service to the community.

I see Joe Biden has chosen Kamala Harris for his vice president candidate She has been a prosecutor in Sacramento and a Senator too. I hope that works out.

Sources close to Joe Biden have long said that he was looking for a governing partner. 

And while Kamala Harris is only a few years into her first term as US senator, one selling point on the experience front is her leadership as California’s attorney general. 

Harris often said on the campaign trail that she led the second largest Department of Justice in the country, second only to the US Department of Justice. And as Biden looked at the range of experiences that would make a vice president ready to serve, that was one of them.

She seems well qualified.

It is 4:55PM now. Scruffie came by about an hour ago and wanted to eat her supper so I put some food out for her. Poor thing...every time she comes to eat, her two kittens see her and come crowd her and eat out of her dish with her. This time she came by herself. She is getting smarter. :)

The Food  Basket texted me a change in their hours on Thursday. Now it is 11:00AM until 1:00PM and then again 6:00PM until 7:00PM. I may be able to work the early shift but I may not be up to the second one. I will play it by ear.

More later...

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and watched some more TV shows on Amazon Prime before I will go to bed at 9:00PM.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Laura and Eric return to teaching this week. I am worried as well.

Margie's Musings said...

I bet you are. I pray nothing will happen to either of them!!