Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sunday and Online Church

I slept very well last night and got up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed, made myself ready for the day and had my breakfast. After breakfast I opened the front door to five hungry cats. I took their food out through the garage just to play it safe. I don't want to chase a cat through the apartment. They are out there eating now. There is Scruffie and her two kittens , big Yellow Tom Cat and  the yellow adolescent cat. They act like they haven't eaten in days and I know I feed them every day at least once a day and some of them come back in the evening for supper.

Leslie texted me last evening to invite me to dinner today. They are grilling a chicken and baked potatoes and vegetables. I will call Jay at the Shed over at Tyro and find out what kinds of pies he has. I will stop there on my way to the kid's and choose one. His pies are baked by the Amish colony over at Parsons and they are great pies.

I so appreciate being asked to dinner at the kids. They did that a few weeks ago and I took a cherry pie. Leslie is not on call this weekend.

It looks like all the cats/kittens are gone now so I will go out and get the bowls and bring them in.

I see Big Yellow Tom is still eating hungrily so I will wait a little longer .

I received my new replacement Medicare card in the mail yesterday. I looked everywhere for the original card but somehow or other I lost it somewhere probably when I changed purses and cleaned that other purse out. I called Medicare a couple of weeks ago and they said it would be a month before I got it but it was only a couple of weeks.

I watched a couple of shows that I like on Sunday morning "Vet Pet" is one and I had recorded "Lucky Dog" yesterday morning and watched that too.  Then I came into the den to play FreeCell for awhile while I wait for Jay to open over at "The Shed" at Tyro. I will check on a pie then.

More later... I called  Jay and chose an apple pie. I will pick it up at 12:15PM...after I watch church online. Leslie seemed happy about the apple pie.

I am watching CBS news Sunday morning now.

More even later...

I watched the church service and immediately left for Tyro to pick up the apple pie. Then I went on out to John and Leslie's.

I hadn't been there long and Leslie decided she needed some Amish bread for our meal. We went back over to the Shed and she chose some. Then we went back to the house. John put it on the grill and we sat out on their patio/gazebo and drank iced tea. He fixed the chicken and Leslie put the veggies on in a skillet and I stirred it while she got everything else done.

The meal was delicious! So was that wonderful Amish apple pie.

John had sold some of his art work and he showed me photos on his phone of the art work he sold. He did 22 pieces. He is a talented artist. Some of that was oil paint and some was metal sculpture.

We had a nice visit and then later that afternoon, I headed back home.I stopped at Nancy's and gave her my extra piece of pie. She was delighted!

Later that evening, after my bath,  I logged on to the Mission Center site with Zoom. 

I stayed up until after 9:30PM and then went on to bed.

No comments: