Saturday, January 16, 2021

Saturday and Bad News

 I slept well last night even though I had a rude surprise when I checked my e-mail last night before I went to bed. I had what appeared to be an e-mail from Amazon informing me that they had packed and shipped my 55 inch TV for $1198 and also the $348, wall mount bracket with total shipping cost of $51.00 for a total of $1597. Needless to say, I had ordered none of that. So  I called Amazon and reported that. They checked my account and there was no record of any of that on my account. They gave me a spoofing e-mail address and had me forward the e-mail to that site. Needless to say again, I was greatly relieved. So I slept well.  I checked my Amazon card again this morning and there is no sign of a charge. Thank goodness!

I have had my breakfast this morning and am working on my coffee now. It's after 6:00AM now so I will go watch the "weather on the 8s" and get back to this later.

My eldest son, Keith, just called few  minutes ago. His wife, Esther, has covid19 and is having trouble breathing. He is calling the hospital to see what to do. He is leery about taking her to the hospital because they are the new New York there in Arizona...inundated with the virus. I have asked our congregation to put her in their prayers. If you folks will, please add Esther to your prayer list too. If he takes her to the hospital, she will be isolated until she is released.

I just talked to my son again and he says she is sleeping peacefully right now. He is keeping her at home as long as she is sleeping peacefully unless she gets worse. My other daughter-in-law, who is a nurse anesthetist, advised Keith to just watch her and let her sleep unless she gets worse.When she woke up after a long nap, it no longer hurt to breathe.

More later...

Esther, Keith's wife, woke up from that long nap feeling much better. She is sitting up in bed right now watching TV with Keith. It no longer hurts her to breathe.They will both go take a nap soon. He has been so concerned about her. I have had my congregation praying for her. My feeling is that when you are sick and have a lot of people praying for you, their deep concern (and love) also helps your immune system fight whatever the problem is. 

I have taken my bath and will read awhile now...until bedtime. It's only 6:36PM now so I have awhile.  I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM (if I don't get engrossed in the book).

I finished the new book "A Long Walk to Water" at 8:15PM. It was about a young Sudanese boy who had walked across three countries to escape war and to look for his family. After living years in a refugee camp here and there he finally had the opportunity to come to America. There he was educated, learned English and started a project of speaking to various organizations and churches about a project he vowed to try to accomplish...building wells for the villages in Sudan.  He managed to have over 200 wells built across Sudan and at each one they erected a sign acknowledging the assistance people in America had given him in order for him to realize his dream.

A very interesting book..

7 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Esther and your son are in my prayers. I am sorry that Esther has Covid.

We have telephone calls at least 2 or 3 times a month claiming to be amazon and that they show we ordered a more than thousand dollar telephone and we need to call a telephone number that they rattle off on the phone call. I hang up. No charges have ever shown up for any orders that they have called about. I don't know what would have happened had I called the phone number they provided, and I won't find out because I'll never call that number. They need to get rid of all of this attempted thievery on the phone and internet. No one right now needs any extra stress and worry in their lives from that kind of stuff.

Take care.

Donna. W said...

I'm praying for Esther.

I've been getting a lot of spam calls on my cell phone lately. I block the numbers, but they know how to use different numbers to call back. It's very aggravating. Especially at meal time or bedtime.

pat m said...

I'm sorry about Esther. Has your son been tested? One of the ways to check for hypoxia is to check tips of ears, nose and fingers. If they are blue need to call hospital.

I get lot of spam calls. I think they target seniors..I just hang up

Galla Creek said...

Hope Esther continues to improve. I have lost 3 friends this week to the virus.
Hope I can get my shot soon. I’m signed up.

Margie's Musings said...

Esther is much better now that she has woken up from her long nap...and it no longer hurts her to breathe. Thank all of you for your prayers too.

They were both tested last week and tested negative. But they both had a temperature the past two days. Keith had slept for 20 hours and woke up with 98.6 now.

I think they may be on the mend now.

Galla Creek said...

So happy she is better. No set backs is my hope.

Kay said...

What a relief that your daughter-in-law is improving. My classmate’s son-in-law is a nurse and caught COVID from another nurse. They think he’s developing pneumonia. It’s so scary.