Monday, May 17, 2021

Monday and Laundry

I slept very well last night and didn't get up until 6:00AM, I have had my breakfast and stripped my bed this morning and remade it. I am doing laundry now. I have just put it in the dryer. It is just now 7:15AM and I haven't even been in the living room yet, or had the TV on or checked on the cats. I will check that out now and get back to this a little later.

I checked on the cats just as soon as I put the TV on. They were all three there...Scruff, Blondie and Inky too. They are eating now as though they hadn't had a meal in a week.

It's cloudy now but more rain is forecast today and the rest of the week. 

My allergies are going crazy today again. I need to get a kleenex before I drown.

I am glad to get my laundry done today and the bed changed. I don't have another plan for today.  I do want to check on some new beige towels..maybe at Walmart or Amazon. There's not another option unless it's Dollar General. Sears and Penney's are gone thanks to the pandemic. I bought the ones I have now at Penney's when we moved to Coffeyville into the new house in 1981. I'd say I got my money's worth.

It's 9:13AM now and I have folded and put away all that laundry. I have watched the CBS news until it bored me and I just turned it off. I am not wild about Gayle King.

I went out and swept off the small porch area and the walk. It's not raining right now but it is forecast....for the entire week. 

More even  later...

I went up to the Dollar General store  and bought some towels. Then I ate one of my chicken and broccoli casseroles for lunch.

 I read another of my new Amazon mystery books this afternoon. It's 3:45PM now and I just finished it.

I think I will take a drive over to Myrtles Market now. I need to get out and do something different. I am so tired of reading.

Myrtle's Market was closed so I came on back home and worked on my jigsaw puzzle for a couple of hours. I  tried to call Nancy twice and let the phone ring 5 times each time...but no answer.

I ate a banana at supper time and ended up starting another book and read until 7:00PM when I took my bath and at 9:00PM I went on to bed.

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Many years ago JC Penney used to have the nicest towels. Pretty and long lasting. My husband's Mom used to buy them there and that is how I discovered them. I miss JC Penney's, and Famous Barr, and even Dillards (though I didn't go there often.)

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Susie. Buying stuff online isn't always safe. You really never know what you've bought until you receive it.