Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sunday and a Sermon

 I have the sermon at church today. The theme is "Bless God's People".  I worked it up a couple of weeks ago. I hope it goes alright. 

I got up shortly before 5:00AM this morning, dressed and had my breakfast. I only had two cats come for Breakfast...Blondie and Scruff....no Inky again. Someone else may be feeding him too.

I slept fairly well last night. I only got up once in the night to go to the bathroom. I have been drinking flavored water and I find I drink more water that way. I need to stay hydrated.

It's 7:35AM now and even the coffeecake is baked and iced.  I think Leslie sent out a text reminder and invitation to come to church this morning.  I sent out another this morning.

I will get back to this later...I want to check "the weather on the 8"s".

I watched the weather and sure enough it's to rain all week.

I went out to church an hour early so I could sweep  the carpet in the all purpose room  and the front door area.

We had another small congregation. People are just leery of the pandemic. The world church did say we could use our own knowledge of our congregation to decide if we would wear face masks or not. All our people have been vaccinated except Kelly and he was not there this week. He and Melissa were in Kansas City this weekend.

I gave my sermon and it seemed to go well. 

Afterward six of us went to Sam's in Independence for lunch. 

I had a lot of leftover coffeecake so I froze it. First I tried to call Nancy to see if I could bring  her some but she never answered the phone. I let it ring five times and called twice and let it ring five times each time.

I gave up and just froze it. 

I read all afternoon after that. It is 5:39PM now and I am having to charge my Kindle again. I can only use it one day before it needs to be charged again.

I am waiting for 60 Minutes to come on now. After that, at 7:30PM I will take my bath and put my pjs on. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. In the morning I will change my bed and do sheets and towels and some laundry.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I'm sure you did great, Margie! Have a wonderful week!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Kay!!