Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

It's strange but I slept until 6:00AM this morning. I hardly ever sleep that late. It must have been the mowing. I don't think we ever got the rain last night. The forecast was really off. There was even to be light hail both yesterday and today. I hope we don't get it today. I will be in Coffeyville for my hair appointment. 

I have had my breakfast and coffee and am having my Chai Latte now. 

The game day is the fourth Wednesday of the month and that will be next Wednesday....not today. So I will go over to go to the bank, get my hair done, return the electric hedge trimmer to the senior center and come back home. Depending on how low I am on gas, I may buy gas while I am there. It's 7:00AM now and I should go watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats. They may think I am not going to feed them this morning since I usually do that about 6:30AM.

So, more later... 

I found all three cats waiting for me to find them. There was Blondie, Scruff, and Inky. They are all eating like they're not getting another meal.

It's 7:25AM now and I will leave for Coffeyville at 8:30AM. My appointment is at 9:30AM but if I am there early, she often gets me right in. If she's not ready for me at that time, I will go get my gas.

More later...

I got to Coffeyville and found they were getting a lot more rain then Caney. Luckily, I had my umbrella in the front seat floor of my car. So I didn't get wet when I had my hair done. Also when I went out to Woodshed to get my gas, they had a canopy to protect me. I ran by the senior center to take them the hedge trimmer back and Janet said they had not had another board meeting yet. I expected that. I took my grocery sacks by Genesis and the rain had let up enough to let me take them to some of those sitting outside smoking. Then I dropped by Karan's and took the newspapers inside to her utility room. Then I came on back home. I had got everything I wanted done finished.

For lunch, I will go out to Sonic and have their child's chicken strip dinner, the Wacky Pack, for my lunch. I like to have that at least once a week since on Wednesdays it's only $2.18. You can't beat that for a lunch. Once a week I also like to go to Eggbert's and have their chicken salad with a muffin and fruit meal too. The rest of my lunch meals are frozen.  I just have a banana for supper.

With this rain, I am so glad I got the yard mowed yesterday.

I did go to Sonic for lunch. As usual, it was good...and cheap.

Then  I dropped by the post office and bought a sheet of stamps. It's 12:43PM right now and I guess I will go read awhile.

It's still drizzling out there. We finally got the rain. 

It's  3:40PM now and I am tired of reading. I think I will go by Nancy's and see if her caregiver has gone and if I can raise her.

So, more even later... 

What do you know, I was able to raise Nancy. I stayed and visited with her until 6:00PM. They think they know why she sleeps all the time and why she is so confused. The doctor's assistant came to visit her today and they examined what medicine she was taking, By her weight of 128, she was taking twice as much medicine as she was supposed to. No wonder she sleeps all the time and no wonder she is sick to her stomach so much and has so much diarrhea. She was taking way too much medicine. We are hoping this is the answer...instead of depression. We agreed to  go to lunch one day next week while she is feeling so much better.

I got home and found only Blondie waiting for his supper. I fed him and none of the other cats would brave the rain for supper.

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or so.  I will play it by ear. I may read some more before bedtime.

No comments: