Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tuesday and Mowing Again

I slept very well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed, dressed and have had my breakfast. I am drinking my coffee now and will go watch "the weather on the 8's" next. So far most of the rain has been at night and about half the day or more has been sunshiny.

I opened the front door to three cats..Blondie, Scruff and Inky. All are eating out there and I don't blame them...none of them came for supper last night. I am still waiting for "the  weather on the 8's" to come on. 

O.K., It finally came on and we are forecast for rain today and small hail too and also tomorrow.

I don't have a plan for today. Tomorrow I will go over to Coffeyville  for my hair appointment and game day at the senior center. I need to remember to take their hedge trimmer back to them. I had better put it in my trunk right now or I will forget about it. 

More later... 

O.K. That's done. Now if I don't forget I have it in there. 

I need to get hold of Krystal and see if one of the girls can mow for me today while there is no rain. I would do it myself if I felt I could get it finished before the rains start again. It usually takes me a morning to do the front, an afternoon to do the back and then another day to get that big west side finished. I can't be sure I can get it all finished before the rains start again.

I see rain and possible small hail are forecast for today and tomorrow. I may not be able to get that mowing done. It sure needs it now.  

I finally raised Nancy and went over to see her. While I was there, Gina came and when I was ready to leave Gina walked me out and thanked me for coming to see Nancy. Nancy just doesn't have any stamina and is very depressed. She seldom gets out of her nightgown and robe. All her caregivers are concerned about her..as am I. She is just so depressed. She still hasn't planted her flowers and her hanging plants are drying up out front.

For lunch I heated up the leftover fish I brought home from Sam's on Sunday. Then I had an ice cream bar for dessert.

I finally got around to watching an episode I had recorded of "Bull". It's the season ending episode.

This morning I also trimmed back the Dusty Miller in my back flowerbed. It looks much better but I will transplant it to the back of the flowerbed  next year. 

I don't recall if I ever showed a photo of my Caney duplex.

May be an image of tree and grass

I started the mowing and got the front yard mowed. If I get rested up before the rains start, I will do the back yard this afternoon. The west side may just have to wait. It's the largest.

May be an image of flower, tree and grass 

It's a start anyhow. I did get the entire front done. And it's 1:20PM now.

I am going to try to get the back done while the sun is shining brightly. It is 1:45PM now.

I got about a fourth done before I needed sit down and rest and drink some water. It's 2:00PM now.

It's 2:20PM and I got the back finished too.


May be an image of grass 

Thank goodness.. done for another week. If Krystal's daughter makes it before the rain, I will have her do the west side. I will give her $10.00 to do that.

I will need to do some trimming tomorrow afternoon after I get home from Coffeyville. We are forecast for rain and possible small hail then too. We will see. So far, that forecast hasn't materialized here today. In fact it's 76 degrees right now.

More later...I guess I will go read now.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Your home is neat and beautiful

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Sister Three. One of my dear friends owns it but she has it for sale.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your home is so pretty and everything is neat as a pin. That is a big lawn! I hope you won't have to move when the owner sells it.