Monday, August 8, 2022

Monday and a Visit With Nancy

I slept very well last night. I was so tired after being up so early yesterday morning. I went to bed at 8:00PM and  only woke up once in the night and took my meds and then got right back to sleep until 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day.

I will fix some more waffles for my breakfast this morning. In fact I may just have a breakfast bar and coffee and my usual Chai this morning. I am not particularly hungry for some reason.

I am doing my usual Monday morning laundry this morning too...my towels, pajamas and underwear. I just put it all in the dryer.

My left thumb is very sore and swollen this morning. If it doesn't calm down I may take some Aleve for the pain. If I do that, I will have to have a breakfast of some kind.I don't want to take Aleve on an empty stomach. I see I am out of breakfast bars too. I may have to break down and have waffles after all if I decide to take the Aleve.

I am out of my Omeprazole too but I will have to wait until Wednesday to buy it. The doctor has me taking that for my occasional acid stomach instead of Tums or Rolaids. 

It' s almost 6:00AM and I will go turn on the TV for the weather report and check to see if the cats are out there for breakfast.

So more later.... 

No  "weather on the 8's" yet and no cats yet either. It's still dark out there.. so maybe later...lots of dark clouds out there though. The rain isn't supposed to be until tomorrow but it sure looks foreboding today. It is getting lighter though. It is 6:15AM  now.

The forecast finally came on. Today is to be 100 degrees  and mostly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 95 degrees and AM Thunderstorms, Wednesday is to be 95 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 97 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 97 degrees and sunny, Saturday 98 degrees and sunny and Sunday 101 degrees and mostly sunny. So this week's forecast is a mixture of weather. I hope we get the two days of thunderstorms. That would be good for the grass which is mostly yellow now.

Still no cats.... 

Blondie came first and I took food out to him. and He barely ate though. He must have eaten at home. But Scruff did finally come and she ate and then they sat out at my front door and looked around. Every once in a while she comes back to the cat food and eats some more.

I see with the latest 6:58AM forecast they took the rain out of Wednesday's forecast. That just leaves one day of rain. Drat! 

It's 7:46AM right now. 

I went to the post office and bought a book of stamps. Then I sent off the congregation letters I wrote to those who were not there yesterday and that included the bulletins. I wanted them to have the prayer list and the announcements.

It's only 8:24AM now and I will not leave for Nancy's until almost 10:00AM. She is always still in bed when I get there no matter what time I get there. If no one came, she would sleep all the time. That's how she copes with her depression. 

More later... . I will go read awhile.

It's 9:45AM now and I am just getting ready to go to Nancy's. Be back later this afternoon.

More even later.... 

I got to Nancy's about 10:00AM and sure enough, she was still in bed asleep.I turned on the light and woke her up. She dressed and got herself ready to go to lunch. About that time, lightening struck and thunder boomed and the lights went off momentarily and then came right back on. That happened  a couple of times.

Then it started pouring down rain. The storm went on for an hour or so before clearing up. 

In the meanwhile, since neither of us had an umbrella, we decided to have lunch in their dining room and stay in and visit. And that's what I did. I left at 3:00PM and came back home. I had intended to take her to the Copan Restaurant and I told her we would do that next week.

We had a good lunch at the assisted living home.

While we were there a man fell flat getting out of his walker on wheels into a dining chair. They checked him over carefully but called the hospital and they picked him up in an ambulance to check him over more thoroughly at the emergency room. He was a tall man in his 90's. He had a large bruise on his right elbow and he said his right leg hurt. He had also hit his head on the floor.

I stopped at Miller Brothers in Dewey and had them fill my gas tank.

It had not rained a bit in Caney! So I began watering again. It's 3:54PM now and I just watered the front flowerbeds and now I watered the back flowerbeds.

It's 7:03 PM now...

More later..

I will clean my apartment tomorrow because we will be giving the church a very thorough cleaning on Thursday from 9:00AM until noon. When Cyndi moved to Joplin we lost our thorough church cleaner. I go in for an hour before church and do what I can in that little time but it's very superficial. The office needs cleaning and the kitchen needs a thorough cleaning and the storage rooms need it too. Leslie plans to do the costume room where we keep the things we use to decorate and do worship centers.

I took my bath and got my pajamas on and my robe and got myself ready to read awhile before I go to bed by 9:00PM.

I was reading a site about old Coffeyville and it finally froze up and I had to do a cold reboot on the laptop to get it to come back up. I am going to bed now. It is 10:11PM. 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Good to hear about Nancy.

Debbie V. said...

My my was a registered nurse and always suggested not to take medicine on an empty stomach. So to this day I rarely do. I eat a few crackers or really anything to get my stomach working beforehand. I am currently taking meds 4 times a day.
It's good you visited your friend Nancy. We all need to be with people. I only have 3 close family members my daughter, my husband and my husband's sister. They all live fairly close. I have a friend that I connect with at least once a month - she and I used to work together. We are still both with our husbands.
This is part of the reason I ended up going back to work 12 hours a week as a volunteer. I like the people there. They know me. It's pretty important.