Sunday, August 7, 2022

Sunday and Church

 I slept very poorly last night. I must have been awake every hour on the hour after 1:00AM. I don't know what the trouble was...I just couldn't stay asleep. About 3:00AM I finally just got up. I was just tossing and turning.

I have dressed and am eating my breakfast here now. Since I am out of oatmeal, I am just having a couple of frozen toaster waffles. They are all right but nothing to write home about. But they are filling.

As usual, I will drive over to church in time to get  there at 10:00AM so I can sweep up whatever bugs have crawled in under the door. I also sweep off the walks and greet those who attend and hand out bulletins. I personally think it's important to have someone greet those who attend. We're thankful for each one that attends. The fellowship is good too.

Mike and Laura won't be there today or next week either. Mike works in Burlington at the atomic energy plant there. Every once in awhile he has to stay over the weekend a couple of weekends to work that shift.

It's 6:21AM now and both cats came for their breakfast so I fed them. Then I caught "the weather on the 8's".

Today is supposed to be 100 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy , Tuesday is to be 94 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Wednesday 95 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday 98 degrees and sunny, Friday to be 98 degrees and partly cloudy and Saturday 99 degrees and sunny.Another hot week. Only one day has rain in the forecast and that's Tuesday. It's August...what more can we expect?

More later... it's 6:25AM

It's almost 7:00AM now and I just finished watering the flowers in the back yard and picking up several dozen leaves there and sacking them. It's about the only exercise I get and I am sure it's good for me.

I had better water those in the front yard too. We have no rain in the forecast until Tuesday so I will need to water those flowers if they are going to live.

More even later....

I watered those in the front yard too and then read until time to leave for church..I left at 9:00AM and got there in plenty of time to  sweep up the bugs  and the mouse tracks and empty the trashes and put a new bag in the trash container.I bagged it up and I assume John took it.

 We all seven went to El Publito for lunch. I had a Casadea supreme and so did Karan. I couldn't eat all mine so I had it boxed up and brought it home. I may have the rest of it for supper. Karan took my rice.I am not a rice person. Melissa bought all of our lunches and we all just left the tip.That was good and generous of her.

I got home about 2:15PM and changed my clothes into something more casual.

More later... 

I sent out five letters to those that were not at church today inviting them to join with us next week and I sent out the bulletins too for the prayer list and the announcements. I hope it helps. I will need to get some more stamps tomorrow. I also sent a sympathy card to Billie Jo who lost her sister, brother-in-law and favorite cousin all in one month..

I also watered the flowerbeds and hanging plants again this evening both front and back,.

More later...

I have read most of the afternoon and then because I had recorded 60 Minutes, I watched the recording. I do that so I can delete the commercials.I find if I record programs I want to watch, I enjoy them much more.I hate commercials. Most of the them are ether pharmaceuticals, car dealerships,or furniture commercials.The ones I resent the most are the pharmaceuticals.Folks  don't seem to realize how expensive TV commercials are and the cost of the commercials are added into the cost of the meds. Of course that's true also of the auto commercials and even the furniture. Each 30 second TV commercial back in the 80's and 90's was over $250. each and that was on Pittsburg, Kansas TV. Just imagine what a network commercial would cost at today's costs. 

So I record what I want to watch today and delete the commercials as I watch the programs.

It's almost 8:00PM now and I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and read some more. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

 


No comments: