Friday, August 11, 2023

Friday and Mowing

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. 

I want to get the rest of the west side of my yard mowed this morning before it gets too hot.  I don't think Mike will come mow for me since his business is closed because of the boil order. So as soon as it's plausible, I will get it finished myself.

Blondie was here early this morning and I fed him both the wet cat food and the dry cat food. He ate his fill and left. 

I also caught "the weather on the 8's". It's supposed to be 100 degrees this morning. and partly cloudy, and 94 degrees tomorrow and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 94 degrees and scattered thunderstorms,  Monday is to be 84 degrees and AM clouds PM sun, Tuesday is to be 87 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 94 degrees and mostly sunny, and Thursday is to be 94 degrees and mostly sunny.

That's the week....a chance of rain on Sunday otherwise just another week of hot weather.

I will wait a little while to mow. It's too early to disturb the neighbors with the noise.

I took my walk at 6:35AM and was back at 7:11AM.  I got some trash but not a lot. I put the sack in my dumpster. I will wait awhile yet to begin my mowing. The neighbors are probably still sleeping...those who are not working.

And it's only 69 degrees now. This would be the time to mow. If the grass is not too wet. I will check.

It's 8:10AM now and I just finished mowing the west side of my yard. I got part of it trimmed too before the trimmer battery went down. I have it on the charger now. I am hot and need to drink some water. I will go back to my book now until the trimmer charges.

In a little while I will begin my cleaning.

It's 9:35AM and I am still waiting for the trimmer to finish charging. I guess I may as well do my mopping since I can't trim yet. It's 82 degrees now. 

Maybe when I am finished the trimmer will be charged.

More Even Later...

I went up to Independence for lunch and had a Big Cheese pizza for my lunch. Then when I got home I went by Big G's and had a small butter pecan flurry. I didn't see Mike anywhere. But at least his business was open again.

The trimmer was fully charged and I trimmed the entire yard. And then I came back in and read for a couple of hours.

I cleaned the apartment this morning. Mopped every bare floor and vacuumed the entire apartment. Then I charged the vacuum cleaner and when it was fully charged, I put it away. I will dust tomorrow.

It's 94 degrees now. I am sure glad I finished the mowing while it was cooler and only 82 degrees.. I never did hear from Mike. Maybe he will not be mowing for me anymore. It's 94 degrees outside now ..very hot. I have the air conditioning going but it's still 79 degrees in here. I also have both ceiling fans going to try to get it cooled off in here. For some reason, that air conditioner just doesn't cool it off . This is the third time I have had this problem.

It's 4:26PM now. Sally will be by to pick me up at 6:00PM. We are going to a play in Bartlesville at the Bartlesville Theater located downtown in the old Penney's building.

Sally came by about 6:15PM and picked me up and then picked up another friend of hers, Verona, too and we headed for Bartlesville and the play. Halfway there it began raining..hard. When we got to Bartlesville it was still raining but we went on downtown and parked at the theater and we noticed a paper note on the screen outside. I got out to go read it. It said a member of the cast had become ill and they were cancelling tonight's performance for a week and would honor the tickets for next week. So we went out to Brahms instead and they had dinner and I had a milk shake. Then we came back home to Caney. I was tired... because, not only had I mowed and trimmed but I had also cleaned the apartment today. So I took my bath and will read until I get sleepy and then go on to bed.

No comments: