Sunday, August 6, 2023

Sunday and a Catastrophe.

Yesterday was truly a catastrophe! The storm yesterday morning brought down two trees in my yard! The limbs blew off and are on the ground in front and on the west side of my yard. I sent Stephen photos of the wreckage and he is trying to make a deal with one of two different men who would like the job of cleaning it up. It will be expensive! In the meantime, both yards are a real disaster.

It's always something!

This morning there is another morning of thunder loud enough to wake me up. It is 3:30AM and I can no longer sleep. I have too much on my mind and the thunder noise is keeping me awake.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's"on TV. Today is to be 89 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Monday is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 85 degrees and   Clouds and PM sun, Wednesday is to be 91 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 92 degrees and mostly sunny Friday is to be 95 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, and Saturday is to be 94 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week! Three days of rain. I don't know how the yard will get cleaned up but I guess that's Stephen's responsibility. Poor Stephen! What a mess!

I don't know what the weather will be like for church. I'd like to just stay home and not take a chance of hail developing while I am there and denting my car.

I did finally go back to bed. And I slept until 6:00AM this time.

More Later... 

It's raining again this morning and it's 6:25AM now. 

I just  opened the front door and found Blondie waiting there for his breakfast so I got his dry cat food and fed him and he ate and left. I will fix my coffeecake for church now.

So More Later.. 

Blondie came back for some more food. Luckily I had not taken his food in.

The coffeecake is finished and glazed too. I walked up to the library and put my second book in the book drop. I took an umbrella.... just in case. Then I came back home. I gathered some trash along the way. I put that in my dumpster when I got home.

It's 8:50AM now and I guess I will go ahead and go to the church even though it's early. The breakfast doesn't start until 10:00AM but it's nearly 9:00AM now.

I will check my cash situation. I may go to the bank in Coffeyville if I am low on cash.

More Later... 

I did stop at the bank after church and get some money for the next week. Then I joined John and Leslie and Karan for lunch at El Pueblo. I missed Phyllis. She was talking to several people and I didn't have a chance to talk to her. I checked at Eggbert's but she wasn't there.  Leslie told me they were going to El Pueblo so I joined them. John bought mine and Karan's lunch.Then I went out to Woodshed and filled my tank with gas.

I came on back home afterward.

I will watch the Mission Center's Zoom worship service this evening at 6:00PM and record 60 Minutes.

Stephen hasn't engaged anyone to clean up the mess in my yard yet. It's only Sunday so he may be planning to have it done later this week.

More Later..

Now I have watched the Mission Center worship service and will take my bath and watch 60 Minutes until bedtime. I have recorded it.

At  7:00PM, I will take my bath and get ready for bed. I won't go to bed until 9:00PM though.

So good night for today.

 

No comments: