Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday and Reading

It's been a short night. I was awake after two a clock and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get back to sleep. Finally at 3:30AM, I just got up, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. It's 5:00AM now..my regular time to get up. I am having my coffee, Chai and a breakfast bar now.

It's too early for Blondie to be out there for his breakfast. I will go turn on the TV and wait for "the weather on the 8's" to come on.

So More Later... 

I finally caught "the weather on the 8's" and it is better. Not  today but next week looks better.

Today is to be 104 degrees and Mostly sunny, Tomorrow is to be 92 degrees and Partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 85 degrees and AM showers, Monday is to be 88 degrees and Mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 90 degrees and Mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 89 degrees and Sunny, and  Thursday is to be 88 degrees and Sunny.

That's a lot better then temperatures in the 100's.

I am picking up my niece, Denise, this noon and we are going to the Dairy Queen in Independence for lunch...my treat. She paid last time we had lunch.

More Later... 

I took my Coffeyville library book back and put it in their book drop. Then I went to pick up Denise.We went to Independence to the Dairy Queen to get their $7.00  lunch special. Denise got their cheese burger, fries and Coke with hot fudge sundae for dessert and I got the chicken strips, fries and Coke and hot fudge sundae. As we were eating, John Brooks came in and when he got his dinner he came and sat with us. He showed Denise his oil paintings. He had taken photos of all of them with his phone. He is very talented. 

I read all afternoon after I took Denise home. I almost finished another book...one of the ones Denise gave me.

Mike, who mows for me will be mowing on Sunday. It will be down in the 80's by then.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and then went back to my book. It's 8:23PM now. I will go back to my book until 9:00PM, when I will go to bed.

 

No comments: