Sunday, August 20, 2023

Sunday and Church

I was up early again..about 4:00AM. My shingles were hurting again and I needed to get my coffeecake in the oven anyhow.  After I got that done I took some more Ibuprofen.. I washed my dishes and warmed up a muffin before I took my shingles med and the Ibuprofen. I am really ready for this mess to clear up!

Now I will go check out the weather and see if Blondie is out front for his breakfast...probably not...it's only 6:04AM. But I will check anyhow. 

Sure enough, he was out there waiting for me to open the door..I fed him both wet cat food and dry cat food and he ate his fill and left. I took the cat food into the garage and covered it.

I had mixed up the coffeecake and baked it before I took my walk while I was looking up "the weather on the 8's".  

It's going to be horrendous today... hot, hot, hot! Today will be 108 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 106 degrees and  sunny, Tuesday is to be 103 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 103 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 102 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 102 degrees and mostly sunny, and Saturday is to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy.  Terribly hot all week and no rain at all. That's going to be unbearable! 

I took my walk this morning while it was only 74 degrees. I got a little trash but not a lot! It's 7:32AM  now and  still 74 degrees and sunny.. 

I want to leave for Coffeyville at 9:00AM so I will have time to go to the bank and get my week's cash and also go out to Woodshed and buy gas if I have the time. The breakfast is at 10:00AM.

More Later... 

I got cash from the bank and gas at Woodshed. I also took my Coffeyville library book back to their drop box.

Then I went on to church. We had our breakfast and also  the worship service.  Leslie did very good job with her service..including her sermon. 

Phyllis and I had lunch at Eggbert's in Coffeyville. Then I came on back home. I was going to do my letters but when I went into the den, I noticed there was wall to wall water on the carpet. I checked the plumbing out at the outside faucet and there was a small leak there but nothing to the extent of the mess in the den where there was wall to wall water on the carpet. I texted Stephen and also Leslie about it and Stephen was at work at Walmart's pharmacy and couldn't come out until he got off work. 

I continued to look for the source of the water and discovered it was the hot water tank and told Stephen about it. He called a friend of his who was a plumber at Coffeyville's hospital. His name was Travis. In the meanwhile, John had hooked up my hose and also turned off the water at the tank and also turned off the gas to the tank. That was what Travis was going to do and John had already done that.

I told Stephen that my kids had moved all the small furniture out of the den and the remaining furniture was the daybed and trundle and the computer Armour and those bookcases and all those books.  

Stephen will come out here after he gets off work at Walmart and bring a wet vacuum to try to vacuum up all that water. It's always something. I need to get a fan and set it up to try to get some of that  carpet dried. I don't have one.  I should have a box fan but I don't. There doesn't appear to be any water around those bookcases but there is around the computer Armour and the daybed..

More Later... 

Stephen came  about 7:00PM an bought a big nice pump to vacuum the carpet in the den. He went over everything and even pulled out the trundle of the daybed and vacuumed out three tanks of water from the carpet from the hot water tank.. It came into the den from under the wall from the garage where the tank was located. He will be back tomorrow evening after he gets off work hopefully with a new hot water tank. He thinks he may not get it installed until at least Tuesday. After his job at the hospital he works until closing at Wal Mart in their pharmacy. 

I will take a cool bath tonight since the tank is evidently empty now. That shouldn't be a problem. He also bought a huge fan to dry the carpet in the den. He worked with that carpet vacuum for an hour and a half.  He was really tired when he finished. And he had to drive back to Owasso after he left.

Tomorrow evening he will come back to reposition the fan to the east side of the den. Then he may put the daybed back against the west wall in the den and put the trundle back under it.

More tomorrow. I want to take my cool bath now and put my pajamas on and read awhile. It's 8:42PM now.

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I feel like you, Margie, it’s always something.