Thursday, September 28, 2023

Thursday and Laundry and Mowing.

 I was up at 5:00AM or even before. I stripped my bed and am washing and drying the sheets. I will remake the bed as soon as the sheets are dry.

I turned on the TV and opened the front door and there was Blondie, waiting for his breakfast. He ate his fill and has left now. I will leave the food out there awhile in case he wants more. 

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" and the news is not good.

Today is to be 95 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 92 degrees and Mostly Sunny, Monday is to be 92 degrees and Mostly Sunny Tuesday is to be 91 degrees and Mostly Cloudy, and Wednesday is to be 85 degrees and isolated thunderstorms. The only hope of rain is next Wednesday. You would never know it is Fall.

More Later... 

It was 68 degrees at 10:00AM and I decided to mow my west yard while I was still able....it was cool enough. It wasn't all that hot and I got two bags of clippings and leaves bundled up in two large yard bags and in my trash receptacle.

That's done for one more week. 

 How about that! I caught Sally on the phone this time. And we will go to Copan Restaurant for lunch at 11:30AM  today. I will pick her up then.

More Even Later..

I texted Diana about the book and newspaper article Sally gave Denise. She seemed impressed.

We had our usual good lunch at Copan restaurant. We split a piece of freshly made German Chocolate cream pie. It was scrumptious! Then I took Sally home and came home myself. 

Later this afternoon  I ran the trimmer on the entire yard. It looks pretty good now for what it is...definitely needs rain because it's bleached out and looks pitiful.

I will read all the rest of the afternoon until time for my bath and then back to the book until 9:00PM...bedtime.

Perhaps More Later...

1 comment:

Kay said...

Ouch! 90+ degree weather is no fun at all. Have a happy weekend, Margie.